miniDSP plugin

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hey,
I recently purchased a pair of active speakers and I’m having an issue with minidsp. Apparently there is a license transfer required in order to download plugins from minidsp. I bought these from a private party and his setup is enough different that some adjustments are necessary before they will work. I think the issue is downloading the plugin. Once I clear that hurdle I should be able to adjust parameters and get them working. I thought I would be able to use them with the existing plugin but the speakers are showing an analog output which prevents them from operating through the digital outputs. From the minidsp forums it appears that to download the correct plugin you also need to be logged in and running a suitable operating system. I’m using a MacMini running High Sierra 10.12.6 with Safari as the browser which should be fine.
I think this issue can be cleared by getting the license transferred, unless I’m missing something? Please advise.
Thanks,
Jcris

I recently implemented a several years old 2x4HD that was originally a plug-in version, but when I contacted their support team looking to download the appropriate plug-in for my application was advised to upgrade the XMOS firmware to facilitate using the revised Device Console. This was a couple of months ago now, and there were a few obstacles along the way, so I can’t exactly recall which steps were involved, but a dive into their community forums or FAQ should shorten your journey.
Once that was actioned - and I went through the learning curve, it works like a charm - aside from sometimes locking up and requiring a forced quit & restart the DC; none of the settings are affected, but you do get a warning message asking whether to use exiting settings, or reset all to default - don’t do the lattero_O
The REW functionality to create PEQ filters for import into the DC was a godsend for me.
Originally used to fine tune two subs in my downstairs surround rig, I’m currently playing with it in upstairs 2.1 system, and may need to put a FlexHTx on my wishlist for the downstairs system next year. I don’t think the Flex HT8 or HT will work for my use case, as my particular LG OLED doesn’t seem to want to pass through more than stereo audio out via either eARC or Toslink when directly connected to either my MBP or Mini (mid/late 2022 running Catalina, which is I think the minimum OS required by REW), so all sources are switched through Onkyo RZ 740, which I don’t think can simultaneously support LPCM audio and video back out to the TV. After a couple of years enjoying so far flawless performance of eARC/CEC - any of four remote controls can power on/off the system and control volume.
For those folks wanting to implement Atmos or any combination above 8 channels - including multiple sub woofers - it’d be nice if they still offered something like the old 10x10HD, with whatever revisions to XMOS firmware required to play nice with the new DC.

Last edited: