minidsp DDRC-24 / 2x4HD reliability

Hi,

I run into problems with my minidsp DDRC-24. It worked fine for 11 month before it failed for the first time. After updating to the latest firmware it worked for another 2 month but finally it completely failed after 13 month. minidsp support was very responsive within 24 hours, but finally I had to send the device back for repairment (via my local dealer in netherlands). Now I am waiting for more than 3 month for replacement, hopefully it should arrive next week. I am wondering if this is just an isolated rare case or if there are some general issues with the DDRC-24 / 2x4HD build quality and support. My current setup is "Yamaha WXC-50 -> minidsp DDRC-24 -> Yamaha R-N803D". I may switch to a single integrated AMP with Dirac live instead if this improves reliability. I like to hear about any positive or negative experienses with minidsp DDRC-24 / 2x4HD reliability and minidsp repair times.

Best regards
Randolf

P.S.: To make thinks even worse also my Yamaha WXC-50 now failed (no warranty anymore):mad:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Fwiw,
I’ve been trying to resolve some issues with a number of their plate amps and frankly they are not very responsive. Each time I ask a question they respond in a few days with something that doesn’t help and leave the message “ we hope this resolves the issue and if not let us know “. Each time it’s as if you’re dealing with a different person. Their tech support is terrible