• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

mingda mc34ab mods?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is this thread that convince me to buy my Ming Da MC34AB. Which I received from Ming Da of China just 6 days back (they were very responsive and helpful, write to email address mingda@..., instead of sales@.., people who access mingda seems to be more prompt and offer better price). I wanted to buy a tube amp, but had no clue which one to buy, just heard about Ming Da and it’s low price. Then I found this amp in internet and got convinced to buy it after going through this thread, around a month back. Thank you PreSapian for starting this thread and idemo and levinsje sharing all your experience and mods here. 34AB sounds fantastic.

Next I want to follow your path and try to do some of the mods that you have done. Bill, if you have tested Chinese 12AU7s, pl share the share with us what you found. Are they really 12AX7s? Jim, when you replace the Chinese 12AU7 with Mullard 12AU7, did you loose volume ?. Bill I am a Tube amp illiterate. Is that OK if I just go for 12AX7?. Elsewhere I have seen talk on replacing EL34s with KT77. But I guess the correct replacement must be KT66.

Caps means Capacitors I guess. I do not have any experts who do valve amp modifications. But I can try to buy the capacitors at least over internet. Is it a very tedious process to replace them?. If I open the cover, can I find them. Will I be replace them, if I use a simple led welding gun?. If the answer is yes, I will try to do it in time to come. Hope someone will give me some advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.