Mileva build log.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
EEatKSU said:
Also, what/where is the recomended stuffing for these?

An extract from the Mileva 1v1 documentation (not quite finished yet)

dave

Attachments

• mileva-1v1-damping.gif
    mileva-1v1-damping.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 718
Zigis said:
Thanks Chrisb,

which one may sound better, Mileva or Fonken classic golden ratio ?

ouch, that's tough, but here goes:

all things being equal, (i.e. same room / source / interconnects /amp) the Mileva should have a bit more bass extension, particularly when near the back wall - while the stand-mounted Fonken CGR will likely exhibit a deeper soundstage, particularly when pulled out from the back wall by about 1.5 - 2ft.

is there any WAF involved in the calculus? Mine vastly prefers the Mileva to any of the stand-mounted boxes, and couldn't care less about the sound quality.

Then Mileva is better for me, because wife don;t like something puled out from wall, and I like Bass :)

BTW, do I loose lot of bass or other sound quality, if I remove speakers sometime in "free air" in middle of the room in 1.5-2 m listening position? Maybe made front panel little higher to lower baffle step ?

Zigis said:
Then Mileva is better for me, because wife don;t like something puled out from wall, and I like Bass :)

BTW, do I loose lot of bass or other sound quality, if I remove speakers sometime in "free air" in middle of the room in 1.5-2 m listening position? Maybe made front panel little higher to lower baffle step ?

Another option would be dual input terminals (as used for bi-wiring/ b-amping), with BSC connected to one pair (internally) and external jumpers for selecting between.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.