Microphone for guitar/singing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry I haven't been Back with my report yet.:(
When the sight went down the other day I had not saved the link to the store that had the sample to listen to.
So,then I decided to revamp my speaker system and I am just now finishing that up and reinstalling it.

That Presonus system look pretty cool but How does it sound and what resolution does it digitze at?

I have not had a chance to look into this yet.

Once I get these things hooked back up I wil give my report of my findings as I have found a few that I think would do a very nice job for you with out breaking the bank.

I just wanted to go over the samples again and I got delayed and my speakers were exteremly un balanced But not any more.:)

jer

P.S Here are some pictures of my setup and one of the AT4030 that I had.

Attachments

• REBUILT STEREO STACK.jpg
    REBUILT STEREO STACK.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 51
  • P3120039.jpg
    P3120039.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 59
  • img069.jpg
    img069.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
For Dynamic stage types I like these,

BeyerDynamic,

TG-X81 a little on the warm side it sort of remindes me of the AT4030.
TG V70D quite natural sounding for a stage microphone.
TGX60 abit less warm sounding But still very nice.

AKG D-7S a very natural sounding microphone aswell as the PERCEPTION LIVE S5 for the price.

SURE Beta 57 this is a very versital microphone from past experience the information is there if you feel the sound needs to be fattened up it can be done with a little low end eq.

Sure SM58 and BETA58 series very good microphone less directional and lacks a little high end detail compared to the Beta 57.

These are very good sounding as I look for high end detail with clear Breaths and a good low end with smooth midranges with out sounding nasaly or boomy.

I really like that alesis board as it is 24bit 96khz sampling has effects built in as well as a USB interface it is alot of bang for the buck!
I have cubase LE and it is okay but I find it a little hard to use but that may be just me as it is hard to remeber how to work many different softwares.

I will now go through the microphone samples that are offered in their bundle deal as I have listened to a few already and I am very impressed with a few of them.

Microphones with the quality level of my AT4030 at such a lesser price ($950) did not start appearing on the market until 3 or 4 years after I got it in 1995.

However, I was not impressed Behringer C1 though, as it sound thin for a large diagphram condensor microphone and abit nasaly aswell.

Do try to stay away from 16bit technology for obvious reasons the difference is more than night and day,trust me!

Me being an anolog purist I can't really tell any difference when using my 24bit cards (much) but I can with all of my 16 bit cards including my SONY ADAT PCM-2600 which was thee machine to have back in the day.

I'll be back with my review of the large Diagphram condeser microphones offered with the Alesis bundle in a day or two,Now that I have my system back up running again.

jer

P.S. Quality is everything but it doesn't have to be expensive anymore.:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.