Michelson and Morley proved Einstein was wrong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe in mass, length (ie. Lorentz contraction) and time (ie. time dilation) transformations, but also believe there must be a prefered electromagnetic frame of reference, ie. the aether, because of the twin paradox arguments. I also believe light bends in a gravitation field, the speed of light is slower and atomic clocks run slower at lower gravitational potentials, but believe its due to the properties of the aether varying with gravitational potential (Eric Baird calls it an aether density gradient) instead of curved space (general relativity).

Yeah, pigs will fly. You're just saying that. We don't believe you believe that. What advantages do you get from believing that?

w

You mean, "...according to prediction and experimental verification." See, the stubborn thing about physics is that it works. Whether or not you or any of the cranks believe it is irrelevant- E still equals mc2, the speed of light is still the same for all observers in the same inertial frame, energy is conserved, and the product of conjugate variables is still greater than h/2pi.

Yes, it works. If to observe on quantum level we can predict that the observation changes results. So, if ether is on deeper than quantum level we can certainly expect similar surprises that confirm ancient wisdom about the nature of mind that is just another manifestation of the matter, just with higher frequency of vibrations. ;)

We don't need the ether anymore to explain our world to a pretty exacting degree.
Why hold on to it?

Sure there are going to be arguments against a theory, there are arguments against evolution, that does not invalidate it. You can probably find lots of "evidence" against relativity but on the other hand it has been independently verified lots of times. What's the problem?

Einsteinian relativity has never been verified. Experiments appear to support it because of mass, length and time transformations as a result of motion relative to the aether. Experiments that alledgedly support Einsteinian relativity actually prove its wrong when interpreted properly, like MMX combined with Sagnac, like I did here.

Experiments with gravity done by undergraduates in physics classes prove gravity is NOT curved space since it follows Newtonian theory very closely. If space was curved in a gravitational field then any projectile would follow the same path independent of velocity. But as experiments show, the faster the projectile, the straighter its path. This provides absolute indisputable proof gravity is NOT curved space, but rather a kind of aether density gradiant and also proves the aether is separate from space and is NOT at absolute rest.

Einsteinian relativity has never been verified. Experiments appear to support it because of mass, length and time transformations as a result of motion relative to the aether. Experiments that alledgedly support Einsteinian relativity actually prove its wrong when interpreted properly, like MMX combined with Sagnac, like I did here.

Experiments with gravity done by undergraduates in physics classes prove gravity is NOT curved space since it follows Newtonian theory very closely. If space was curved in a gravitational field then any projectile would follow the same path independent of velocity. But as experiments show, the faster the projectile, the straighter its path. This provides absolute indisputable proof gravity is NOT curved space, but rather a kind of aether density gradiant and also proves the aether is separate from space and is NOT at absolute rest.

If you keep saying thoroughly incorrect stuff over and over, eventually it will become correct, is that the idea?

Yes, I fail to see the logic in the leaps you make. Applying some (crackpot or not) theory to the results of an experiment does not invalidate the results of said experiment.

I could say that the Lorentz contraction was caused by a ghost who wanted to confuse us, and there would be no way to really disprove my claim. But claiming that does not suddenly invalidate the MMX result or force us to re-evaluate the result.

Experiments that alledgedly support Einsteinian relativity actually prove its wrong when interpreted properly, like MMX combined with Sagnac, like I did here.

What is your basis for this? You cobble together some experimental data and claim you acutally "interpret it properly". I think you should re-evaluate that statement. It makes no sense without actual science backing it.

Last edited:
What is your basis for this? You cobble together some experimental data and claim you acutally "interpret it properly". I think you should re-evaluate that statement. It makes no sense with actual science backing it.

The problem is that when you see things like this:
Experiments with gravity done by undergraduates in physics classes prove gravity is NOT curved space since it follows Newtonian theory very closely. If space was curved in a gravitational field then any projectile would follow the same path independent of velocity.

...then you know that the poster doesn't even grasp the basics of the theory he has deigned to criticize. So what use is it to ask for him to interpret anything?

Cool, so when can we expect to see the first production spacecraft with the new aetheric drive?

w

Actual physics books

"actual physics books"? Whar do you think we've studied in school? Read Ives' experiments with the photoelectric effect. He shows that the photoelectric effect can be easily and simply explained with standing waves, which makes wave/particle dualism totally unnecesary. You won't find that in an "actual physics book". It's time to stop taking on faith anything a physicist says just because he studied actual physics books. Now that Einstein is a god, and relativity dogma, they have to sweep contrary evidence under the rug, lest it fall like the house of cards it is. Sadly, modern physics is so politicised, that theologians are actually more open to new ideas than physicists are.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.