Mic Preamp PCB kit offering (measure FR etc)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Vikash said:
Some more pics:

..img..
..img..
..img..

I'll speak with Brian and get back to you on costings, and the options on offer.

Looks great! I will work with you to finalize the layout and get the production boards ordered for you soon.

As for the order/sale of these boards/kits, Vikash will most likely be handling these exclusively.

--
Brian

I will probably be offering three options. Please let me know your interest as I can reduce kit prices if there is enough interest.

Option 1: Full Kit
Includes:
PCB, switch, led, resistors (x18), caps (x10), LM6134AIN + socket, LM4040, 2N3904, diodes (x2)
2 Gold PCB RCA's (posted earlier by Brian )
Dedicated PCB fit enclosure
2 panasonic mic electrets,
12" 9/32 Brass Wand
Gold RCA Male connector

approx: £55 ($103)

Option 2: Partial Kit
Includes:
PCB, switch, led, resistors (x18), caps (x10), LM6134AIN + socket, LM4040, 2N3904, diodes (x2)
1 panasonic mic electret

approx: £34 ($64)

Option 3: PCB Only
approx: £8.00 ($15)

All prices include UK VAT.

soongsc said:
Which connector does the mic go on to? The RCA or the BNC? Do you connect the mic wand to the amp directly or is there additional wiring?
To the BNC in these pics.

However, the kits will be supplied with two PCB RCA sockets instead now. You can connect the wand direct if you like, or wire the wand with a long lead, or just use an extension cable between the two.

Mark Striker said:
If you are in the US, it will be cheaper to get mic preamps from H.E.L.
I have built two of them, and they work very well. You can find info here:

http://www.highefficiencyloudspeakers.com/MicrophonePreamplifier.html

I'm trying to decide on which route to take.

DIY - $42 for that kit.

or

The non-DIY'ers recommend this for $50 as a mic preamp
{with phantom power}
http://www.behringer.com/UB802/index.cfm?lang=ENG

You still need the mic, DIY or Berhinger and you don't need
all the fancy stuff that comes with the mixer but it makes you wonder for $10 more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.