Mic Preamp Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am basically using the circuit provided on the website for the THAT 1510 preamp THAT Corporation 1510-1512 Audio Preamplifier ICs
I will be using a 50k pot from the output which will feed the tone control circuit.
The tone control will either be a 3 band baxandall circuit, or a 3 band control with sweepable mid. I will probably use the second one i will post a picture when i can find it thanks

The important missing element is the sensitivity of what you're driving. Some line inputs have one or two volts of sensitivity (max input), others more like seven or eight volts. Other question would be, what does the buffer have to drive? If it's a meter or so of coax, just about any good opamp (like a 2134) that's unity gain stable, strapped as a follower (output tied back to the inverting input, input taken to the noniverting input) will work fine. A 100 ohm resistor at the output will help ensure stability. This all assumes something like a 10k input impedance- if you have a 600 ohm load, we'll need to get slightly fancier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.