MF X-DAC Output stage SCHEMATICS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Elektor used AD844 in one of their first DIY DACs ( with PCM63 ). This was when AD844 was new on the market.

Off Topic: The Elektor DAC was also a very good PCM63 DAC. I recall it being equal to Audionote DAC3 ( with E88CC in the output stage ). Made one for a friend who still uses it.

jean-paul said:
Elektor used AD844 in one of their first DIY DACs ( with PCM63 ). This was when AD844 was new on the market.
Yes,you are right but they used the 844 as a regular inverting opamp while Lars used it as Pedja does,with the I/V conversion resistor coupled to ground from pin 5...

jean-paul said:

Off Topic: The Elektor DAC was also a very good PCM63 DAC. I recall it being equal to Audionote DAC3 ( with E88CC in the output stage ). Made one for a friend who still uses it.
I used it with my I/V stage(see Jocko´s thread about simple I-V stage) which was much better than the original analog stage.

I just made a post on the burr brown pcm63 data sheet, this dac was used in the mf xdac, along with the yamaha receiver chip, but they used the hdcd filter in between.
they have almost directly used the datasheet, and the output stage.

check out burr brown's pcm63 data sheet for more.

jean-paul said:

Did you do anything about the resistor between agnd and dgnd?
According to the datasheet and an AD applicationnote doing just that is not done. :whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.