• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Metric taps for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have come across a quite big number of high quality metric taps.

Some are plated some blank.

They range from M2.5 to M12.

(2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12)

They are all top brands like Fette and OSG and so forth.

They are all new or as new (some have been used for aluminium, so that is naturally visible).

M2.5 for 2 euros a piece to M12 for 5 euros a piece.

Magura

EDIT: both through hole and buttom hole thread taps available in most sizes.

You guys keep whining about the difficulties you face when cutting thread, now here you have a very reasonable offer for the europeans, and not a single response?

A friend of mine pointed out that he didnt know what it was i offered for sale (what a tap is)......its for cutting thread, in this case, metric thread.

The tools are offered at between 1/5th and 1/6th of the new price, in some cases even less.

If nobody shows any interest within a week or so, ill sell them on the local version of ebay (QXL.dk).

Magura:)

Bigparsnip:

I dont know if youre aware of this, but the through hole version of good quality taps gives you about half of the diameter of the tap less thread, than the blind hole version does. The blind hole version, called spiral flute is just much more fragile than the through hole (straight flute) version.

The spiral flute version is only to be used when youre very short of space, else thyre too fragile and the risk of breaking them is too high.

I guess the reason why youre asking for the spiral flute version , is that you have never had good quality taps. The spiral flute version is almost never used.

Magura:)

So, if I'm wanting to be able to tap around 5-6mm of thread into an 8mm plate I would be ok just using the ordinary taps? I was assuming from all of the ones I have used before that a normal tap will not cut much of a thread in such a short depth, but if I'm wrong then I guess that can only be good. If you could tell me if I would need the spiral flute type for cutting the holes mentioned above then I would be most greatful.

Andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.