Merry Aleph-X-Mas !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: From the inside...

Idefixes said:

Juste one little question to clear about your lovely little blocs : Is the bias current you mention over there, per fet or total per bloc.

Thanks for your answer.

Marc

Hi Marc,
It's the bias per fer, so about 4 Amps per block.

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Really nice professional job!! With all those vent holes in the pcb's it dfinately has a made by Audio Research look to it. Were you perhaps their pcb designer?
Mark

Thanks! And, believe it or not, I wasn't even aware of Audio Research's PCBs... I knew the make, but haven't paid attention to their pcbs...

Happy New Year to all of you.

Netlist said:

Maybe they could have a look at yours.
Very very nice amp.

/Hugo :)

Thanks Hugo. But you're one of those who started the fire ;) I whish I have all your instruments to measure something on my twins, but I'd rather listen to them.

By the way, I had a lot of requests in private e-mails (c'mon pals, don't be afraid to ask here...) for the schematic of the amps. Don't understand why, since it's quite classical now... But here it is. ASAX. Another schematic of an Aleph-X...
Zipped PDF, too large image for the forum.

Attachments

• wax.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 501
I'll Standby you...

Many requests too for the standby circuit... So here it is.

Just a few logic circuits put together, et voila :)
A triggering pulse is either generated by a debounced pushbutton, or by a pulse
coming from the preamp. These two activation sources are "summed" by a discrete
OR gate formed by D1, D2 and R2.

The working mode is slightly different in a stanby->on or on->standby sequence.

From standby to on, the pulse triggers a non-retriggerable monostable (U2a), with a pseudo-period of a rough
50ms (RA x CA). After this time, the first D ff (U3a) is toggled, and its output switches the standby relays
on, an the "On" Led as well. It also triggers the second monostable, with a pseudo period of 5s (U2b & RB x CB),
and after this time, the speakers relay D ff is toggled on. The relays and Led drivers are contained in an array
of darlingtons (U4, ULN2003), which includes free-wheel diodes for the relays.

The "shutdown" pulse acts a bit differently : it immediately shuts off the speakers relay
(through U3b's reset), and disconnects the standby relays 50ms after.

When the mains switch is activated, a simple reset circuit (RR, CR, and U1b) ensures a right
state of the circuit.
The "On LED" arragement allows to have a faint light when in standby mode (with the 22K resistor), and a full
light when on, through the 560R resistor. Tune these values to your likes, and according to the Led you're using.

The soft start circuit for the power transformer is not shown, but you you can find it here on the
forum. 120VAC/60Hz users should use a 150nF X2 cap for C1...
Just a raw estimation, so be careful and recalculate the values !!!! Letal voltages here.

Feel free to ask if anything is not clear.

Attachments

• standby_ax.gif
    standby_ax.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,232
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.