Melon Head's State of the "DUMB" Open Baffle Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The fat lady is just starting to warm up the vocal chords

Attachments

• 04082012275.jpg
    04082012275.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
here is a video of that open baffle in action with phy drivers.
double walls with sand filling.
go to 6:30 then watch and listen.

PHY-HP famous speakerunits made by former Bernard Salabert of France. - YouTube

I'd love to know what song they are listening to...............

were I not going in the direction I am, I was going to put the an15's on that hinged open baffle.

Norman

I'm not sure what made me drop into this thread, but thank you for posting that link, wow!

yea, I know it is "little girl and guitar" music, but it sounds darn good to my with headphones through all this cpu and compressed audio. You just hear some type of magic that draws you in. Especially seeing him listen, move the baffles a bit, crouch down listening intently, nodding his head yes, then leaning forward to turn it up.

I still don't know who is singing that song............

Norman

Here is the open baffle test chassis. I can locate the driver anywhere up and down the baffle, and cover up the holes that I am not using. I will use cardboard initially to add wings or increase the height of the baffle. Probably add piano hinges later and use wood for the wings. Anyway just getting warmed up. :devilr:

Attachments

• 05082012276.jpg
    05082012276.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 476
  • 05082012277.jpg
    05082012277.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 474
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.