Mellow Monster

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
hey Dave - here's what I had in my email box from 2007 - can you make out enough to do a drawing?

I already did a drawing sufficient to generate the 3D. Probably only needs dimensions and minor details.

BTW: the article has an error in (at least) one of the panels, so it may not fit into one sheet of 4x8.

dave

Attachments

• mellowMonster-CAD.gif
    mellowMonster-CAD.gif
    8 KB · Views: 461
When I was a teen, my father helped a friend of his build one - probably in '62 or '63. The friend soon stepped up to Dyna gear for stereo, and I inherited the Monster. It had an 8" Wolverine LS-8. It was my first system, with a home-brew amp and a Heathkit FM tuner inherited from another friend of my fathers who couldn't get it to work. (I fixed the tuner - one bad solder joint!)

there ought to be drivers today which are a good fit parameter - wise. It would be nice to see clear plans and any notes not published in the magazine article. (link below)

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Poptronics/60s/62/Pop-1962-10.pdf

(any previously unpublished Karlson history is welcomed too. I think there's a paper associated with the later Karlson Twelve which told how many holes to drill in the port panel for a particular speaker)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.