Measuring a Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mike, while you were measuring Fs you could have found Qts as well. Not that important really, but it can be useful to know if you intend going active in the future.

I'm not at home tonight, but I can tell you how to measure Le and design an impedance compensation zobel later this week.

As for knowing sensitivity, my advice is to build the filters first, then listen/measure with white noise and then attenuate the tweeter as necessary. Finally re-check the sound by ear with music (familiar test tracks) and see what you think.

Hello sir!

Me been told off by Vikash:bawling:

Anways hello, I weary of emailing you, case you don't get it. Skype isn't usefull enough yet, according to the missus.

That aside, I started reading Rod's article on his site again. I've read it before, its still a lot to digest and thats just the Zobel! Would Active not save a lot of bother, or am I chickening out?
I'll set up the gear again and find Qts. Its an opurtunity to see if I measured it ok last time. I measured 1146.9hz for Fs, about right?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers Mike:)

Hello Rich

I thought skype involved paying for a telephone and an account to use the service.
I'm on a brand new out of the box CPU and Motherboard from Dabs.com. The rest of the system is from my previous machineI'll try again with ICQ.

As for going Active, the only downside is an extra amp, but I think 4 chip amps and a Linkwitz crossover or something like that, and my PC should sound nice.
My mobo has a built in AC'97 24bit Soundcard, but I'm staying with my Creative.

Cheers

Mike.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.