• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

Hi

I just got my maya, great job !

For some reason i can't change the settings using the maya algorthim.
For example when i want to change speaker delay time , i choose with the set button the speaker delay menu, but when i rotate the encoder it jums to soft start settings and then stucks for a long time.

It's the same for each setings menu, i can't get rid from the anoyying speaker delay.

Please advice

Thanks
David

Hi

For example when i want to change speaker delay time , i choose with the set button the speaker delay menu, but when i rotate the encoder it jums to soft start settings and then stucks for a long time.

It's the same for each setings menu, i can't get rid from the anoyying speaker delay.

Please advice

Thanks
David
What firmware release do you have and what about your power supply, what voltage does it have.
Have you planned to use the passive maya volume control or the VolCB + BPBP and is one of them already connected.
Questions and questions, but without this complete set of info your question will probably remain unanswerred.

Hans

Hi

Please advice

Thanks
David

Hi ,
after you enter the soft start settings you must use your IR remote command vol_up and vol_down button to setup the desire time settings, then mute button to save in eeprom and exit or power button from IR remote to exit without save or else if you do not give an IR command it stay in that setting menu forever waiting for your command from IR remote.
the same for all settings: temp, time,etc.
So for all of you using Maya , first you must have an IR remote operational and proper setup when you alter settings from the settings menu.
Please test and give us some feedback.
Best regards.

well i can't guess it..
what is the procedure of remote configuration, or proper documentation for the product.

Thanks
David

Hi ,
in the settings menu there is the submenu : new IR remote setting.
But first must have a IR RC5 compatible remote.
The routine will print on LCD/OLED what button to press and it is self explanatory .
That routine is waiting to detect a proper RC5 remote for setup.
Use a universal one .
If you have a Apple mini remote you must choose NEC type of IR remote in another sub menu which select the type of IR remote.
Best regards.

Hi ,
after you enter the soft start settings you must use your IR remote command vol_up and vol_down button to setup the desire time settings, then mute button to save in eeprom and exit or power button from IR remote to exit without save or else if you do not give an IR command it stay in that setting menu forever waiting for your command from IR remote.
the same for all settings: temp, time,etc.
So for all of you using Maya , first you must have an IR remote operational and proper setup when you alter settings from the settings menu.
Please test and give us some feedback.
Best regards.

OK.

Now it looks much better, still i have some comments/questions.
I want to disable the message "Connecting speakers" and the associated delay on startup ?

My maya is serving a preamplifier so it's not relevant.
Currently i can only set a 10 sec delay as shortest delay, a zero delay option and no delay is welcome.

And how can i change letters when renaming the inputs ?

Thanks !
David

UPDATE: now all is set and working including renaming the inputs.

But i still need a solution to disable the speaker connection delay and the ability to change the intro message uppon startup (my unit is no quasar amplifier).

Thanks
David
Hi David,
that is a custom setting who is not present/accessible in the firmware you have on your Maya.
Only OEM version of Maya that we provide for some big client of us have that activated .
Sorry for this inconvenient.
We will see in the future what we can do about this , but will take some time
and you will need to upload a future firmware release if any will be provided in the future .
This must be decided by me and Tibi .
Best regards.

Totally understood, but please understand my side too..
It's a preamp. the welcome message "Quasar Amplifier" is very annoying and also the message "Connecting Speakers" plus the delay...

You can protect you work just supply the "maya" without the welcome message that it's irrelevant to most of us or an option to customize a welcome message, plus the option to omit the speaker connection delay.

Thanks
David

It is very annoying , the initial message and the delay.
At least provide the code and i will change it.

Thanks
David

Hi David,
please find attached firmware with power on delay disabled (set at 0 seconds) and starting message that show : "Maya Preamp Ctrl".
Please test and feedback .
Best regards.

Attachments

• maya_v_1_1_rays_oled_diyaudio.zip
    19 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

much appreciated !

Is it possible to convert the front panel design file to DXF / DWG format ?
I want to order a chassis from diyaudio store and use the customization service but they accept only DXF / DWG formats.

Thanks again

David

You are welcome !

We provide source freecad file here http://vicol-audio.ro/img/maya/Maya_front.FCStd
You should be able to modify and export the file by yourself.

Regards,
Tibi