Massive p-1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im working on this amp (massive p1500.1) That a guy brought to me. This amp was a do it yourself when brought to me. What im wondering does anyone know if all the outputs are 640's or are some 640's and some 9640's ??

When the outputs are in the amp all 640's it goes into protection with all outputs removed the amp powers up fine.

Any help would greatly be appericated

With NO outputs in the circuit, you should have square wave pulses with an amplitude of ~10v on the gates of all outputs. You may have to short the positive and negative speaker terminals together to see the pulses that will be at ~0v DC (first image). The other pulses will be referenced to the negative rail (second image). The pulses should be relatively square.

Attachments

• P1010035bgateQ1.jpg
    P1010035bgateQ1.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 202
  • P1010038bgateQ5.jpg
    P1010038bgateQ5.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 187
Check the drive signal on the 2 pins on the corner of the driver board nearest D17. Both should have square wave signals of ~3v amplitude referenced to ground.

For testing without the outputs, you only need a cap large enough to keep the ripple on the rail to less than ~1v. It will have to be able to handle the full rail voltage, of course. If the vented cap still has enough capacitance to remove the ripple, you can continue testing without replacing the cap.

Ok i have the first amp fixed 100% working. The second amp is also the same (massive 1500.1). The problem im having with this amp is on the outputs i replaced the output and as soon as i hook the remote wire up the outputs blow up. I checked the drivers but they test ok and also tested the resistors they also check fine.

Wondering if i should replace the drivers and resistors or where should i go from here?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.