Martello enclosure for FR88EX

Thank you. They should really blend in nicely with the "client's" interiour. I used 470mH 8.2uF and 4.7ohm for the baffle correction. It still is no floorstanding loudspeaker but with (I might get in trouble for this) loudness on they sound really mature.
I only need to make some touch-up on the front with a new layer of paint or some loudspeaker covers...

A couple more pictures. I paper mached the speakers
then painted them. The paper mache dries hard as a rock.
They look okay. If I were to do them over again I would
coat the inside with wood glue for added stiffness. I would
do the same on the outside and then maybe cover it with
some kind of fabric. The gentleman who designed the Tabaq
speaker did a really nice job of covering his speakers and I
would love to copy what he did.

Well, I would say using cardboard is worthwhile if your unable
to work with wood. The only thing I had to buy for this project
was some glue and a can of spray paint. So if you're on a tight
budget this could be a good option.
:)

Attachments

• Paper Mache.jpg
    Paper Mache.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,853
  • painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,768
Well I've spent a lot of hours with these speakers, recently driven from my Cellini tube amp, Cambridge audio phono-pre and a NAD turntable.

They beat my Moon Onken speakers based on Fostex FE127. There's simply no doubt about it, the Fostex units even though famed and larger simply pale in comparison.

I'm so impressed with the sheer musicality of these little red speakers that I am wondering if Fountek have some larger drivers that I should be exploring.

Moving along - birch, except fopr Cocobolo fronts (scrap from my shop). Just glued on the front panels, so I can sand tomorrow night, then fit the driver braces, apply the felt, and apply finish (tung oil).

Pics tell the story:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I made the filter after my speakers were completed, so I just have it connected to the positive speaker terminal before the amp. I might try to squeeze it in through the speaker hole and glue it on to the front inside wall.

What type of input terminals did you use? If the components for the filter are small enough, they could be hot glued or siliconed to a plastic input cup with binding posts

Actually, I was just going to use speaker screws in the back panel, but glue does make more sense. Was going to use a thin bead of teflon to ensure an airtight fit.

My binding posts are pretty substantial banana plug type, and the wiring is soldered to them VERY securely. Not at all sure about the filter at this point, as my caps are about 1" in diameter, and 1.5" long, which is the same length as the resistor. The inductor is about the size of a 3w resistor, .33uH fixed, and also have some .49uH.

If I use poly-fil, would I still need felt, or, would I only need felt in certain places?

I'll post pics later with the finish on these bad boys...