Marshall 4x12 cab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey brett, back to the head project again, would it be possible to do this this head and make it like 50 watts or something? also would this conversion be reasonable in terms of money, how much more is it gonna cost me? otherwise i would just probably buy a head. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

tareqx2 said:
Hey brett, back to the head project again, would it be possible to do this this head and make it like 50 watts or something? also would this conversion be reasonable in terms of money, how much more is it gonna cost me? otherwise i would just probably buy a head. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Building a 50W valve amp isn't a problem, it's just expensive - but EL84's aren't suitable, you really need bigger valves, EL34's would be better - plus larger mains and output transformers, larger rectifiers, larger choke, larger electrolytics (you get the idea!).

It's probably cheaper to buy one?, unless you can source transformers for free?.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.