498.3 KB · Views: 607
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 586

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 552
That's the same case I used for a pass F5 headphone amp...It's called the "2107 chassis" on eBay, etc.

It is way, way more than enough. Even with 300ma bias. Probably more.

Can we find a way to put a hole in the pcb for the output BJT mounting screws when they are mounted on the bottom of a chassis or on heatsinks?

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    868.1 KB · Views: 464
pads

Hi,
I bought this PCB about two years ago, but I didn't get any schematic with it.
That wouldn't be a big deal because all the component values are printed on the board. Except I can't find any explanation for the pads called J1 to J4. They look like SOT23 footprints ,which doesn't tell me to much. So I ask here if somebody could explain the purpose of these pads? Thanks.

Attachments

• marsh amp.jpg
    marsh amp.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 941
Hi,
That wouldn't be a big deal because all the component values are printed on the board. Except I can't find any explanation for the pads called J1 to J4. They look like SOT23 footprints ,which doesn't tell me to much. So I ask here if somebody could explain the purpose of these pads? Thanks.

I have the same board and kit from Jack. J1 to J4 are surface mount alternatives for the 2N5457 and 2N5460 jfets which are getting harder to get in their TO-92 package(in position J1C - J4C). The surface mount part numbers are MMBF5457 and MMBF5460.

Since this is a published design, you should purchase a print of the article from Linear Audio(https://linearaudio.net/article-detail/2118), which has the schematic and BOM etc. If it is a Rev 2 board, Jack has made provision for a trimmer pot(P2/P4) that may not be mentioned in the original article. I can send you a scan of the package that Jack sent me if you PM me.

Hi,

PM me

this is the second version of the boards -- it's set up so that you can use the transistors Dick had in his original article, the Toshiba's or SMT devices which are still in current production.

the board also incorporates a suggestion by Dick to allow adjustment of the bias. that's why there are two potentiometers.