Marantz SA-11s2 XLR Output Cap Need Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I don't know much about electric circuits therefore I like to seek your help. I have a Marantz SA-11s2 and attached a picture of XLR/RCA output. I noticed there are four caps in signal path per channel (c405, c406, c430, c431). What would be the best cap for this application? Currently they are ELNA Silmic 220uf/16V.
1) Would Black Gate STD be better the ELNA Silmic?
2) I can only find BK STD 330uf/16V for sale, would this be OK?
3) Would BG FX 220uf/16V be a better choice if I can find them?
4) I’ve seen others replace two caps with 1 M-cap Supreme. If I replace c430 and c431 with 1 M-cap Supreme, do I just connect point 1 to 4 with M-Cap?
5) Would M-cap be a better choice compare to Black Gates?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Kevin

Attachments

• 11s2 New.jpg
    11s2 New.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 66
Best choice, absolutely, is no caps at all. These are completely unnecessary dc blocking caps, and can be eliminated. A straight bit of wire will sound better than any cap on earth(unless lousy caps are being used to tame the sound of a bad circuit). The fact that the caps are configured in a bipolar arrangement is a dead giveaway that there is not normally any dc offset at that point. Can't believe they didn't at least have some sort of decent film cap in parallel with the lytics, as Sony & Pioneer always do in this situation on their upper echelon units. Anyway, just install jumpers of good quality wire & it'll sound as good as it possibly can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.