Marantz CD63KI Not Recognising CDs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
poynton said:
Hi.

I'm glad it's fixed !

On these pages, it is often recommended that before and during disassembly of a piece of gear, take photos ! It can save a lot of grief later !

Andy

Hi Andy

The really sad thing is I did, but of course sods law would state that that particular view wasn't shown on any if the photos! I'll now make sure I take more comprehensive photos in the future.
Cheers

Hi all
Another laser problem for those with the skills and experience.

I am currently working on an intermittent fault with Marantz cd63ki - audio drop out. I have completed checks for 'dry solder' joints and tracks but now I am unable to test the player because i am getting no laser output.

This is what i have tried:
- firmly reseating the ribbon cable(s) - both assembly to main pcb and laser to pcb.
-checked clock connections and confirmed clock power and connections
-done the tests PO0 - PO3 - and noticed at PO3 laser moves to outer edge of disc and No light is emitted.
-removed assembly and switched with that in a CD67OSE - assembly works spins discs, TOC and starts playing.
-tried CD67 laser assembly in 63KI same fault mechanism moves along rails, repeated attempts to focus
-still no light emmitted
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.