Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

If you are getting the mundorfs they will be 25v but the Panasonic tsup's will be 16v.

I prefer the mundorfs but the tsup's are great value for money.

The caps after regs should not be FC's. I use a mix of BG and oscon sepc in my own player but favour Rubycon ZLG 470uF on analogue and Nichicon 330uF solid aluminium where budget is an issue. I also use large value Rubycon ZL or ZLH (1800uF) for the big cap after the main 5v reg.

There are arguments for smaller values for local decoupling, but interestingly, if you look at meridian kit, the prefer larger value local decoupling caps often using multiple 1000uf caps post reg with 470uf close to supply pins ( definately true in the 200 series equipment)

Were is best place to get the caps from found rubycons on ebay but cant find the mundorf. I messaged brent at his shop but had no reply

You can get the Mundorf caps from Parts Connexion

22000uf / 25VDC, MLytic® Audio Grade MLSI (Snap-In) or MLPI (Plug-In) should do the trick.

The discontinued MLSI parts are 40% off at PcX at the moment so it's a very good time to buy from them. Not sure about shipping costs and tax to UK though, so you could also look at Hi-Fi Collective

A word of warning: Be VERY WARY of buying rare or boutique parts on eBay. It's very easy for a crafty manufacturer to dress a cheap capacitor to look just like a Black Gate and make ridiculous amounts of money off them.

Last edited:
Never buy these sort of parts from eBay unless its an eBay outlet for a reputable parts dealer (there are not reputable parts dealers in HK!!!!!)

There really isn't any need!!!

Brent uses his own branded SI caps so he may be able to supply you with his 22,000uF Caps made by F&T who also make the SI caps for Mundorf! Most of mine are SI and either branded as Mundorf, Audio upgrades or Fidelity Audio.

For analogue local decoupling you have Rubycon 470uF 16v
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7037416/

For digital local decoupling you have Nichicon solid polymer 330uF 6.3v
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7149543/

Large value FC in the servo - rail C814
SI on the servo + rail C813
SI on the audio rails C803 and C804
For post regulator on the audio you can stay with the Rubycon ZLH C805 and C806
For post 5v reg, I'd use a large value Rubycon ZL C815
Maybe https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7037245/

Never buy these sort of parts from eBay unless its an eBay outlet for a reputable parts dealer (there are not reputable parts dealers in HK!!!!!)

There really isn't any need!!!

Brent uses his own branded SI caps so he may be able to supply you with his 22,000uF Caps made by F&T who also make the SI caps for Mundorf! Most of mine are SI and either branded as Mundorf, Audio upgrades or Fidelity Audio.

For analogue local decoupling you have Rubycon 470uF 16v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Capacitor Al 105deg 470uF 16V 10x12.5 Rubycon 16ZLG470MEFC10X12.5 online from RS for next day delivery.

For digital local decoupling you have Nichicon solid polymer 330uF 6.3v
Buy Aluminium Capacitors Solid Al cap Radial NS series 6.3V 330uF Nichicon RNS0J331MDN1PH online from RS for next day delivery.
Thanks every one about the dodgy components on ebay. I just hope the ha opamps i bought were origonal parts and not copies. Thay were from the uk
Large value FC in the servo - rail C814
SI on the servo + rail C813
SI on the audio rails C803 and C804
For post regulator on the audio you can stay with the Rubycon ZLH C805 and C806
For post 5v reg, I'd use a large value Rubycon ZL C815
Maybe https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7037245/

They're about £4 each at Newark/Element14. I'm not aware of any special designations that would make them worth 10X as much. I hope you didn't pay through the nose and get fakes to boot.

I bought a pair from the US eBay some time ago. Don't know it is fake or not but the SQ is OK to me:
LME49720HA Dual High Performance OpAmp Metal Case X2 | eBay

The only drawback is I have to wait for 1-2 weeks before they arrived from the US :rolleyes:

Looking for Ray ? ?

Hi:
I'm butting in here because a link at "Raylectronics.nl" Ray's Audio Page directed me here.

I have a question as to the manufacturer of the output transformer you can see by viewing the attachment.

Thx

Bill @ PEARL

Attachments

• EL34_OPT_close.jpg
    EL34_OPT_close.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 194
Could some one please help me out/ I was going to get my components from rs but can onlly find the rubycon caps for the opamps on there site cant seem to find the panasonic or mundorf ones on there. If someone could find some suitable ones for me on rs site that would be great. Allso any other caps i should be changeing at same time