Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

That's interesting. Funny how the servo tx was not a big jump by itself, but I totally believe it was necessary for the sound I'm getting now. Nope, all my transformers are way over in the far top left corner. The new output tx was a fair swap for the original KI one, and that's the furthest right they go. I don't have resistors on my op-amp output - can we discount that? The increase in noise volume seems oddly exponential when I turn the dial.

Haha, edited just in the nick of time for gross factual inaccuracy (just woke up). My system runs off a big 3kw mains converter that has no earth pin connected. Other sources are completely silent though. Since I added the clocks, the hum has taken on a lower frequency looping sound at about 2Hz. It kinda sounds like a car engine idling. I must stress, not audible at playback levels - only when paused and volume turned up very loud.

Thats because it was produced in the 80's before the deaf spotty idiots got involved in music production. Funny I listened to that album on FLAC over the weekend as well as You and Me Both.

Back in the day where it was a requirement to have "ears" and actually look at the VU meter deflection when recording, many lower volume recordings had this thing called "dynamics". Music sounds better with "dynamics" as it allows for example a bass drum to thump instead of just make a dull noise at the same volume as the rest of the drull noise.

Funny cos I dont really have any favourite recordings after about 1990! I guess thats when it was decreeed that music had to be louder and therefore compressed to death to fit in the avialable bandwidth. Very strange that cos I always used to use a "volume control" if I wanted to turn the music up. I always found this a more than acceptable way of making the music louder whilst retaining the pleasing "dynamics" of the recording.

There is a raft of good music produced in the last 20 years that has been recorded in excellent quality then mastered to shound like sh1te and palmed of on the deaf listeners......its a crime!

Breathe out............. & step off the soapbox!!!:p:rolleyes:

Update. The Marantz codes suggested by a universal remote I have do not work (7008, 7018 and 7021). I have an old RC from a Philips CD610 MkII. This did not work with the 63 either. Checking it with a camera found that it was duff! As it had not been used for years, a battery had leaked and corroded the connector. Took it apart (had to use a hacksaw around the edges) cleaned it all up and re-soldered the connector.......nothing. Then did some continuity testing and one of the fine tracks to the main chip must have broken somewhere. Soldered in a link and Bingo!

Tried it with the 63 and it works. It is an RD5860. I have tried to find info about the codes used, but without any luck. Does anyone know where to find them? The sites I have visited seem to suggest that Marantz and Philips CD players have a 3 digit code? The Universal I have only comes up with 4 digit codes?

I have a CD63 MK2 KI SIG on my bench. It is being repaired prior to the Wigwam show. All I need is the anolog phono output socket assembly. Bought a couple from CPC...............dont bloody fit!!!
Does anyone have a pair of these? Or can you tell me where to get them in the UK? I have been on a couple of sites.....................almost £11......dear God.
Speed is of the essence here as this will be the main CD Player for the day.
Thanks in advance.
S

I have a CD63 MK2 KI SIG on my bench. It is being repaired prior to the Wigwam show. All I need is the anolog phono output socket assembly. Bought a couple from CPC...............dont bloody fit!!!
Does anyone have a pair of these? Or can you tell me where to get them in the UK? I have been on a couple of sites.....................almost £11......dear God.
Speed is of the essence here as this will be the main CD Player for the day.
Thanks in advance.
S
hiya,
Do you need the analogue phonos i replaced a couple in players the other day for cnc billet ones?
alan