Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Let's move away from me and my post-middle age crisis! Enough said..The fact that I shipped my player back to Brent without first checking that it was in fact the problem and not the amp I was using should be evidence! Back to the Nervosa: does any one besides me use an ICE amp with their cdp? I hear so many disparaging things said about ICE modules. My amp is wonderfully smooth and extended and transparent. Mind you it is extensively modded, so I have no idea what a stock version will sound like. This is wildly off topic but since no one has been reporting any new and astonishing ways to tweak our Marantz recently, I thought I would throw this out to add to the mix. Moderators can tap my knuckles if you deem that necissarily. I'll be a good sport.

??? It's a pretty big amp for such a little one...there's precious room left in my 67 for anything now. Well maybe a usb hair dryer? Now there's an interesting thought. HELP! (I HATE IT when people make fun or belittle the B§O modules when they've not heard a properly modded one.) It will blow away a whole lot of amps, believe me. It puts to shame the PRIMA LUNA all tubey thing down the road from me. Rasberry!
The guy who did all the mods on mine and makes these for a living (no names) said mine is the best he's ever heard. SENIOR CITAZINE Going off the deep end of the topic.

Last edited:
Help!

I have just installed a toroidal transformer from the KI into my CD67. Everthing is working fine except for the high voltage output from C803 and C804 which measure at 41 volts. I believe the 41 volts comes from the combination of 14.76 vac (pink), 14.76 vac (violet) and 3.3 vac (grey) (total x 1.25) from the toroidal transformer. This 41 volts is feed into the 78M12 and 79M12 which are now running very hot (output maintain at 12v). Is this the normal voltage output?

I have removed C801 and C802 but the voltage still remain at 41volts

I did not measure the voltage before the change of transformer.

Help!

I have just installed a toroidal transformer from the KI into my CD67. Everthing is working fine except for the high voltage output from C803 and C804 which measure at 41 volts. I believe the 41 volts comes from the combination of 14.76 vac (pink), 14.76 vac (violet) and 3.3 vac (grey) (total x 1.25) from the toroidal transformer. This 41 volts is feed into the 78M12 and 79M12 which are now running very hot (output maintain at 12v). Is this the normal voltage output?

I have removed C801 and C802 but the voltage still remain at 41volts

I did not measure the voltage before the change of transformer.

I think I know where is the problem. The wiring violet should occupy U306 and grey at C802 leading to U306 while pink should be at U307 as grey and violet are on a separate winding from pink as per KI schematic.

Currently my pink and violet are reversed based on the reference from earlier pages. Will try later to see if it resolve the problem

Joined 2006
Paid Member
HELP! (I HATE IT when people make fun or belittle the B§O modules when they've not heard a properly modded one.) It will blow away a whole lot of amps, believe me. It puts to shame the PRIMA LUNA all tubey thing down the road from me. Rasberry!
The guy who did all the mods on mine and makes these for a living (no names) said mine is the best he's ever heard. SENIOR CITAZINE Going off the deep end of the topic.

I grew old along with b&o aparatus and I can tell you these machines do sound good (some need a little tweak).

I started with a 1400 Beocenter and went up to the 9000 series... I still remenber the dynamics of the mighty M150 speakers hooked to the Beolab 8000. And those tangential armed TTs really did the trick using the MMC4000 pickup with saphyre cantilevers.... What a presentation.... Big and smooth.

Of course, now I have more detailed and smoother sound but it took me years of work and I always refer to those memories of coherence and rightness when I need to fine tune any equipment.

I already heard the Class D examples and these also seem very good.

As for class d amps, I am actually working with the Lyngdorfs and they really work ok.