Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Done some work and the screws are OK.

I aslo update the pics from my very first CD53 here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ntz-cd63-cd67-mods-list-1500.html#post2331774 and it explains why I don't want to mess with the PCB handling ;)

Next steps: super regs (same as the red PCBs) for the DOS, wich wll be in CFP mode, a single super reg for both sides of the DOS, my only concern is the distance from the regs to DOS and noise pick up... should be better than LM317 anyway, no? Then maybe a R core TX for the DOS... a final good MKP cap and here we go for years!

Attachments

• CD43.jpg
    CD43.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 166
Done some work and the screws are OK.

I aslo update the pics from my very first CD53 here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ntz-cd63-cd67-mods-list-1500.html#post2331774 and it explains why I don't want to mess with the PCB handling ;)

Next steps: super regs (same as the red PCBs) for the DOS, wich wll be in CFP mode, a single super reg for both sides of the DOS, my only concern is the distance from the regs to DOS and noise pick up... should be better than LM317 anyway, no? Then maybe a R core TX for the DOS... a final good MKP cap and here we go for years!

Nice work Matthieu.

You could always mount some small TL431 shunt regs directly to the dos board if the main regs are a long ways off. They're really easy to build on veroboard and tiny too.

Cheers, Lee.

Hi Lee,
they may go at the right of the DOS, something like 5-7cm from the DOS, not that far but in noise concern that's not the best. Anyway that should be better than my actual setup!
I have to find what is noise of the LM317 and what is the noise level of my LT1028 based super reg with 5/7 cm twisted wires ( sjostromaudio.com - SSR01 Sjöström Super Regulator ).

Time to check Simon's OB thread also :)

Two questions; has anyone been able to contact brent (Rowmeister) recently? I sent two mails and have had no answer, which is unlike him.
And who has now tried Steve's mod to the Dos board. I have it on my wish list and would like to know what it brings to the sonics. Thanks. Hey don't let this die folks!!!

hopefully he will re-appear in full splendor and will have done the CFP or know how! I'm saving up pennies (centimes) for a a COMPLETE, final modding. Maybe not every S'reg possible but everything else (excepting the C2 clock, which I really can't afford) At the moment, now that the Blackgates have settled in (my amp), it's really making music. I think after the next upgrade I will retire :eek: so PLEASE don't come up with any more improvements!! ;) One day I will not be so lucky and my CDP will diasappear between France and England. :mad: