Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hi.

I've got a set of 22000uf Cerafine caps that make those Silmics look small :D You can still get 10000uf 63v Cerafine caps from www.hificollective.co.uk They also sell the M CAP M-Lytic HC caps which I've had good results with.

Seconded regarding Grandata, try www.dalbani.co.uk or CPC for the lasers. The ones I got from Grandata didn't have the Philips logo on them and neither of the last 2 worked :mad:

Cheers,
Mags.

rowemeister said:

How big are they? The voltage is higher @ 63V.
How us some pics

Brent

Hi Brent.

I'll see if I can dig out some pic's.
I've used them in a Avondale NCC200 power amp, they've have also been skinned so I'm not sure of the voltage rating (built it ages ago). Judging from the pic's they look about the same diameter but are quite a bit longer.

Cheers,
Mags.

P.S. Might have to have a couple of those discrete output boards of you to test against the Zapfilter, gotta fit the extra transformers etc I've just acquired for the servo and decoder first:rolleyes:

adfinni said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marantz-CD-63...oryZ3272QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A player with the internal shots of a 'DAKU' modification. Doesn't look like you get an awful lot for the money tbh. Superclock 4 and some BG caps after the HDAM, maybe a few other new caps and tweaks, then that board on the right near the HDAM... Can't tell what it is.

And has the HDAM even been bypassed ?

Hi.

The board next to the HDAM is triple invisus regulator board for the +5v +12v and -12v supplies, the HDAM isn't bypassed, most of the caps are BG's and Rubycon ZA's and the opamps are LM6172.

Those new invisus mk2 regs are the best I ever heard but at a price. I've got some in my CD63 :D

Cheers,
Mags.

P.S. I seem to remember that player being on ebay before ;)

I am wanting to scope a few different clocks and was wondering if anyone has got any stored data on any tests they may have done for us to look at. I am wanting spectrum analyzer pics / data.

Also what software / equipment are people using

I am currently using a Velleman pc based scope. Can this be used with different software to whats supplied?

Cheers
Brent

rowemeister said:

Nice credits Brent, thanks! I'll put a link up on my site soon.

I am wanting to scope a few different clocks and was wondering if anyone has got any stored data on any tests they may have done for us to look at. I am wanting spectrum analyzer pics / data.

Also what software / equipment are people using

Cheers
Brent

Does that include The Flea, or only commercial clocks?

Ray

Cryogenic treatment

Been talking to a guy at Mappos just joined them from Ecosse and he reckons that the cryo treatment makes a big difference to the sound of interconnects (unless you already have monocrystalline copper already, in which case there's hardly any difference).

Apparently they did loads of blind testing.

Interesting, cos I thought changing crystal structure by freezing was snake oil.

Might move the fish fingers over so I can have a listen.:cheerful:

Oh sorry, i think we've done those, haven't we. Brent's still got a freezer full of alien body parts..............:dead:

Re: Discrete output

jimh0612 said:
he reckons that the cryo treatment makes a big difference to the sound of interconnects

Hi Jim,

My DIY interconnect uses DCT copper (solid core) and solid copper plugs, soldered with solder containing copper. They give an immensely relaxing and full sound with no glare compared to ordinary (£100ish) coax interconnects from a few years ago. Get some freezing done, I reckon it's part of why this sounds so nice...

jimh0612 said:
How much difference do you think the components would make to the overall sound and why?

Different parts seem to sound different, but I can't answer the why part. I think the psu decoupling caps and regulators will make much more difference than the resistors used.

But FWIW I chose Kiwame becuase of the claims made for a "tubey" sound. Sure enough my system's never sounded so smooth and musical (they're also in my x-overs).

I also have plenty of Black Gates and Cerafines in the system, and the more I add these parts the fuller and smoother the sound gets, whilst not losing detail. Just ask Brent or Adam (adfinni) if it sounds like real music, they'll tell you ;)

Simon

Hi Simon

Just been browsing around the web and looked at Hi Fi Collective.

They say Holco gives a crisp, full sound (I think they are the ones Ray chose) and the Kiwame as you say, " tubey".

Might follow the tube path. My first influences in hifi were from my Dad, a semi-pro jazzman (tenor sax and clarinet).

He swore by his Linn Sondek LP12 with a Stanton cartridge and a huge McIntosh valve amp.

I remember long listening sessions late into the night feeling like I was listening to live music, something I haven't felt yet on my equipment.

From what I can gather the BG AC's will help as well.

Jim