Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Originally posted by Gooch
I could use the HADM section like Ray did it would take some time to figure it out.

Regards

Dave

Originally posted by SimontY
To do a discrete output stage I'd need good instructions, a clear schematic, or even a pcb. Ray does say the gains are good moving away from op-amps, even the stunningly good 627.

Simon

Hi guys!

For those of you who are interested: i've updated the CD_Enhancer PDF with the FET schematic, and revised the placement list for the parts. It describes which parts (and how) to place in the empty HDAM section (note that you can leave the original current sink in place). It will take some time to figure it out, but with the schematic and the PCB side-by-side it should not be too difficult. If needed, I can provide detailed photo's :D.

Working on a CD65 now....

Regards,

Ray.

Attachments

• cd_enhancer.pdf
    86.4 KB · Views: 401
6h5c said:

Hi guys!

For those of you who are interested: i've updated the CD_Enhancer PDF with the FET schematic, and revised the placement list for the parts. It describes which parts (and how) to place in the empty HDAM section (note that you can leave the original current sink in place). It will take some time to figure it out, but with the schematic and the PCB side-by-side it should not be too difficult. If needed, I can provide detailed photo's :D.

Working on a CD65 now....

Regards,

Ray.

nice work, Ray.

A picture may help some people, though.

Andy

CD output stage

Ok, here we go:

The passive filter, top side.

Attachments

• cd_enhancer_filter.jpg
    cd_enhancer_filter.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 619
awpagan said:
nice work Ray:D

How long did it take you to remove all the unused pcb components?
Is this the reason why brent's is heavier than yours:clown:

Me, I'll take the easy way and make another pcb for the passive and fets:)

allan

ps good luck with the tda1541a's

Yeah very good work Ray.

Mine is heavy due to extra TX and pcbs. I have 4 TX including KI one.

Brent

Hello everyone

I got another CD63 it is stock for the most part someone replaced the RCA's and power cord. However it doesn’t play CD's it has trouble reading disc and skips. I did the basics cleaned the laser ECT. A tech looks at it and said it had a bad laser so it was replaced but that didn't fix it. How he thinks it the logic chip he said he didn’t have a service manual I offered him a copy of mine but he doesn’t want to fool with he thinks it’s the logic chip. The owner doesn’t want to spend the money to fix it so it’s mine. I don't think it is the logic chip because I took the transport assembly out of mine put in it then the new one worked fine and vice versa and it didn't work in mine. Could it be something to do with Q101,Q102, and Q103 It Has to be something to do with the RF Amp PCB if the problem travels from one player to the other.

Any suggestion.

Regards,

Dave

SimontY said:

Cheeky monkey! :smash: :smash:

lol

Well, mine's coming back strong now! Surely it will be one of the finest CD63s around!

Simon

Has it been treated with some kind of spray asbestos to prevent further fire ?

"Asbestos is a mineral fiber that has been used commonly in a variety of building construction materials for insulation and as a fire-retardant."

:spin: