Marantz CD6000OSE needs a tap..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It woulod seem guys this component is not atr fault at all, I have been tap tap tapping away and now it looks to either be the main board or the board with the two copper plates on top, I shall investigate firther and report back.
The new CD player is working a treat so far and for £20 it's a bargain anyway, the remote is worth more than I paid for the entire unit.:)

I think I have traced it. It started happening in both channels, sometimes at the same time sometimes not.

At the back of the CDP is a board with two copper boxes on and I think 8 transistors, 4 for each box. This board is situated ontop of small metal rods I suppose is the best way to describe it. I think the signal is carried through these metal connections, the board had lifted slightly off its seating.
It looks like it has happened before as it has been glued down in the past with what looks like mastic or some kind of silicone sealant. :eek:

I have had a look at the OSE model and the board in there sits a lot lower and has no glue.

I reseated the board and it seems to be working fine. I was surprised to see such a pants designe in a player like this, really poor. But I guess it seems to work.

This is the board in question in the OSE LE..

SAM_6193.jpg

SAM_6192.jpg

And this is the same board in just the OSE Version.

SAM_6187.jpg

SAM_6189.jpg

You can see the connections that connect this board to the main board below.

Hopefully this has fixed it but I cannot help wondering what a poor way of connecing two boards together this must be.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That sounds promising. Those "metal rods" are conductors for various voltage rails and grounds and signals and so if the board wasn't seated correctly then it would give all sorts of problems. Although it seems a poor way in reality it's the most direct and better than a plug/socket and wire combination.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.