Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's quite a few solder blobs on wire links on the top of the board, I attached the clock GND to one of these near the TDA and this works perfectly. I'm sure it's not 'optimal' but optimizing the grounds on these things, especially when you have more than one PSU, is not something I've attempted yet. It's on the (long) list!

Morning guys! Looks like you lasted later than I did last night ;)

Andrew, yep single burson opamp I/V straight to the output. Exactly what's on the last page of the doc that I partially wrote and partially compiled!! Lol there will be an argument that you need 2 stages as the 1st inverts the signal. Tbh, I used my ears and it was the best sounding tda set up I'd ever heard. I am going to play with a discrete I/V in the new year tho. It will also work with a normal opamp ;)

Clock gnd......I remember being told by Trichord research (the guys name escapes me at the moment) to only gnu at the clock end (not psu). This will avoid gnd loops. What I tend to do now, is pick up power and gnd from the psu, then use small coax for the clock out but only gnd at the clock end (so the braid is gnd, but not forming part of the return path). I cannot say if this makes anything sound any better, but it makes sense in my head!!!!

When you have done loads, and have many psu's gnds are a pain in the ****!!!! It's so easy to inadvertently introduce a hum inducing loop!!!!!!!

Thank's UV, will have to look for very thin coax-cable then :)

Got these today, was planning on putting one of each in parallell with the 3 yet unchanged elco's before the regs(the ones next to the 22000uF TSU)
Sanyo_low_esr_1000uF_25V_2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.