Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried them both (modded x2 and sb duet via direct i2s) and the sb is in a different league. I am using a synchronized clock, meaning 1 masterclock for sb and dac, similar to what ecdesigns is using. It's just very very good.

£65 ok for a used Logitech SB classic?
And is there any difference between the SD Classic and the Logitech Classic?
I guess slimdevices got bought by logitech but is there any difference besides the logo?

Tested w 100R 3W load(voltage is still within SAA7220 specs)
TPR_w_PS_board_done_test1.jpg

Got a Squeezebox Classic for just shipping cost (about £6) from a very generous member on a swedish forum. :D

This will handle PC audio alone until the TDA1541A dac is done. Then it'll be pc - SB - dac - amp.

I'll get it a week or so due to alot of bank/post hollidays now.

5.73v or 4.73?!!!!

sb classic is fairly limited now unfortunately. It's ok if you use the right firmware and you are using it as a LAN based player. Some of the nice functions like spotify are only available on the sb3 and then the hd audio available on the touch. My sb3 is in a pretty high state of tune but I still fancied a touch. The ones that were on amazon yesterday for £135 are already on eBay for £180 today! Madness, if i'd have completed checkout instead of going for myy tea and leaving my basket on screen i' have one! Or could have got 4, sold 3 and had mine for free!!! You snooze you loose!!! ;-)

5.73v or 4.73?!!!!

sb classic is fairly limited now unfortunately. It's ok if you use the right firmware and you are using it as a LAN based player. Some of the nice functions like spotify are only available on the sb3 and then the hd audio available on the touch. My sb3 is in a pretty high state of tune but I still fancied a touch. The ones that were on amazon yesterday for £135 are already on eBay for £180 today! Madness, if i'd have completed checkout instead of going for myy tea and leaving my basket on screen i' have one! Or could have got 4, sold 3 and had mine for free!!! You snooze you loose!!! ;-)

Oups, that's supposed to be 4,73Vdc :eek:

Thought the SB classic(wich is supposed to be a SB V3 renamed by logitech), would do nicely as a way to get the sound from my PC to the not yet finished TDA1541A DAC. And at just about £6 :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.