Marantz 250 schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I too would like a schematic for the Marantz 250 if anyone can find one.

I just got one and am considering cleaning and re-building it (new output caps, new transistors, maybe a few other things...).

Anyone think it's worth it? I don't know much about this amp...but I just love the blue meters (my poor-man's McIntosh)

Thanks!

I too have a Marantz 250 that needs repair.

I also have a PDF from Superscope titled Lesson PA-1 Power Amplifier Troubleshooting.

It shows step by step on how to troubleshoot and fix a power amp. The example is a Marantz 250 :D.

I'm not sure where I got it and googling didn't find it.

It is almost 2Meg so I can't post it but I can email it to you.

PM me.

rick

Hi Rick,

That would be fantastic!

Looks the the moderator has disabled PMs for this board.

So, if you'd like, you can log in anonymously to my FTP server to upload the file. Once I have it, I'll see if I can dismantle the file and compress it enough to post here for anyone else.

My FTP server is: ftp.worldwideent.ca

***You'll have to put the file in the "incoming" directory***

Let me know when you've uploaded it so I know when it's there.

Hey...if you've got those too, please upload them as well!

I hate it when companies hoard those materials and charge $25 for a PDF download. I firmly believe that this type of information should be put in the public domain.

If you upload them, I'll make them public...even if it means hosting them myself on my web-server.

rickl said:
I too have a Marantz 250 that needs repair.

I also have a PDF from Superscope titled Lesson PA-1 Power Amplifier Troubleshooting.

It shows step by step on how to troubleshoot and fix a power amp. The example is a Marantz 250 :D.

I'm not sure where I got it and googling didn't find it.

It is almost 2Meg so I can't post it but I can email it to you.

PM me.

rick

I would have emailed directly, but I am not allowed as yet, since I hve been mostly eaves dropping.

I live in St. Paul and would love a copy of this as I have a 250 that a "tech" trying to fix the speaker relays ruined. I have an excellent PDF of the repair manual itself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.