Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cross section is area of core, let say you would split it in half, you would see 2 cross sections of core, you understand?
toroid5b.gif

That blue line and circle is cross section of core.

Hi luka...yes I understand.
this means my transformer in last project will fail in high current:(
because it's cross section is about 7mm...you say with bigger cross section can make high current amps?
in my country there is not toroidal cores with different diameter
then what should I do?
ETD in my country is there,but I don't want do with ETD.
In your SMPS project that builded with +/-62V,have you losses in the secondary or shortage in current?does the voltages dropout?
Can you send your project schematic and pcb and it's images if possible to my mail?your website is filtered to me!
Thanks luka...

Again your trafo will not fail do to current, but coz of power
And your cross section is not 7mm, because you need 2 sides
like 7mm x 7mm and you would get cross section of 49mm2

I understand, hard to get cores, no problem , I think you can get away by stacking cores, puting one on other and then wind wire around both as it would be one core. A nother thing you can do is do smps with more then one trafo, if you have seen some car amps, you know that high power ones have multiple cores for power supply

See this:Digital Designs Z1

This is the outline of a power amplifier 4 channel
this is under construction
Only one problem, I can not find the key, I only pcb.
those interested of SMPS and the amplifier I place the pattern in eagle and Protel format

bye bye

Attachments

• ampli 4 ch.jpg
    ampli 4 ch.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,821
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.