Making cabinet for the bass module of Edgar eVeII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am right now preparing to make the final cut for the bass cabinet of the bass module. I have a few question before I go ahead and cut the wood.

1. How does the filling affect the total volume of the cabinet? The total volume is about 50 liters. I already take into account the internal volume of all the bracing, but does the filling have any affect at all? If yes, how should one take into account the filling?

2. I am using 3/4 in. mdf. The baffle, top, bottom will use double side ( 2x 3.4in.). The side wall use only a single side, but according to the picture on his website, there are an extra outer side panel on the outside for partly decorative purpose, but will it add to the rigidity? So in effect, the side is double sided.

3. I plan to use matric bracing as describe in his website, but does anyone have a easier one but as effective?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.