make testtone CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to test my stereo system for different frequency. On my PC I have a tone generator software so I can test speakers connected to my PC.

Is there a mp3 files that I can download that contains different frequency test tones?, so when I play them back on my stereo system I can tell what frequency tones need adjustment.

Hope I make sense.

thanks in advance.

gychang

Re: Burning Cdr

dgoodier said:
I used nero burning rom, it worked great. If you don't have Ahead software's nero, they do have a demo that should do it for you.

http://www.nero.com

If that doesn't work send me an email, I should be able to rip an iso from the cdr and get it to you.

David

I tried to d/l nero demo, but apparently I had used the demo before so won't install.

your email has been disabled. If not a big trouble can u send me email to gychangatyahoo.com?

thanks so much.

Greg

trials and trepedation of the modern world...

I burned the different test tones in .wav files, computer CD will play so can test out the computer speakers, but the stereo system with my music CD player refuses to play the .wav files.

trials and trepedation of the modern world...

gychang

Re: Burning wav Cdr

dgoodier said:
Greg,
what cd writing software are you using? If the cd-r doesn't play it is usually one of two things

1. the cd player is incompatible with cd-r's

2. The wav files weren't burned as an audio file.

Thanks dgoodier: My problem was I burned the wav files as data files. I am surprised my favorite speaker only goes up to 10K hz! (on just listening, nothing above that...)

better look into tweeter add on. (actually working on trying some cheap piezos)

gychang

Re: Re: test cd

gychang said:

This is the file I need but when I download only available as a .bin file, when I try to convert to .iso file, I can't get CDR software to work.

is there a .iso file available that I can burn?

thanks,

gychang

It's a bogus file, I worked with it for 20 minutes with a couple different ISO programs.
Get NCH tone generator, create a 0dB 1000 HZ sine wave, set the time duration for a reasonable amount of time, save it as wav then burn it to a CD.
I assume you know the rest of the steps for setting up your amp(s)?

Better yet, here's a test tone CD I just made, MP3 file format.
6 zipped tracks in a self extractor.
10 minutes for each sine wave track. Each have an amplitude of 0 dB's.
Scroll down, type in your verification code and receive your test tone CD.
http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/3d1810/b/3/h/a9b45b656afb2804/j/1170969825

When you burn it, first track should be 1000 hz sine wave.
Then 25, 50, 80, 120 and 180 for your bass tuning. You're best listening through them and deciding which has the feel you're looking for and sounds best on your system then using that pitch to tune your sub.

Don't know how to use it?
Set your head unit at 75%-85% volume. Set your amps output to it's minimum level. Gradually turn up your amp until you hear the 1000 Hz sine wave start to clip(distort) then back it off a tiny bit.
You're all done.

After this is done, you can move onto the bass tuning if required.
First decide which frequency you want to set your crossover for after going through the test tones.
Adjust your frequency control to that desired frequency. Again, turn up the bass gain until your amp starts to clip(distort) then back it off a tiny bit.
You're done.

the file worked fine for me

NCH Swift sound software works well, I like their stuff. However, the file can be burned with nero burning rom by using

file>open>testcd.cue

It also should work in other mainstream cd burner software.

I am not sure, but I don't believe it is possible to make an ISO of an Audio CD since ISO is for data cds and dvd's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.