Mains Isolation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I got the box from maplins, allong with the IEC sockets on the back as I just got the PCB and circuit components from the ebay seller (who does appear to use the sujested layout).

I'm not sure if he is still selling these, as I actualy ended up getting mine from him outside of ebay (missed the end of the auction) and I can't find any mention of them on ebay at the moment (I do have his e-mail address, so if you want it, PM me and I can send it to you that way rather than posting it up here) so he may have sold all he had.

But, I guess if I think I could do better then perhaps I should go and put some up on ebay...:devilr:

edit: oops, fogot the pic.

H'm didn't seem to want to attach.

Attachments

• conditioner front.jpg
    conditioner front.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 257
Jennice said:
Why would you use high bandwidth transformers...?

Hi Jennice, the theory seems to be that current harmonics in balanced AC transformers are greater reduced the higher the transformer bandwidth. Perhaps the harmonics so reduced are primarily those generated by the device or devices the transformer feeds? I have two versions of balanced AC transformers, a lossy EI and a high bandwidth toroid. Both are expensive, the EI variety being the more so. Both are wound for precise secondary balance. Both are double shielded between primary and secondary giving >100dB isolation. The toroid is sonically superior to the EI, suggesting the theory above might have hit upon the more important variable in reducing noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.