Magnetic lines of force

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If an electron is a fundamental 'particle', then having accumulated enough of them all in one place, you should be able to see/touch the lump. Opposite to electrons, protons are positive charges. What would you see if you stripped a piece of matter of all of it's electrons? If I could reduce my size to that of a hydrogen atom, what would I see?

If you were the size of a hydrogen atom, what would you be made of? How would you see? What color is a proton? (hint: that is a nonsense question!)

Now think about how much energy you would need to gather enough electrons in one place to make something visible. I wouldn't touch it if i were you :)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Did you watch the video about the magnetar? Post 15#

Regards
M. Gregg

Now that's spooky. How do you reconcile that with a black hole? Thanks for those links. I'll be watching them regularly. I was imagining Dr. Feynman intermittently playing the bongos during his lecture.

In terms of entanglement, I take it you are suggesting that in the event one changes the polarity of one residual particle(which is possible to do), the other changes simultaneously regardless how far apart they are?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
If you were the size of a hydrogen atom, what would you be made of? How would you see? What color is a proton? (hint: that is a nonsense question!)

Now think about how much energy you would need to gather enough electrons in one place to make something visible. I wouldn't touch it if i were you :)

Hypothetically for the sake of understanding; a 'honey, I shrunk the kids' scenario.

If an electron is a fundamental 'particle', then having accumulated enough of them all in one place, you should be able to see/touch the lump. Opposite to electrons, protons are positive charges. What would you see if you stripped a piece of matter of all of it's electrons? If I could reduce my size to that of a hydrogen atom, what would I see?

;)

The electron is the fundamental particle. A masterpiece and very stable.
And its made by thought. If you would be able to magnify the core of an
electron AND fotograph it with a Nikon, what you would see is a snake that
bites its tale, rotating around its centeraxis and lenghtaxis.
(what?! i prefer Nikon)

Yes you can touch a lump of electrons. Your fingertip is made of electrons
bouncing the fileds of matter.
Ever watched "What the bleep do we know?" Watch it !

The "anatomy" of a electron is very interesting and explains a lot.
Protons are made out of electrons. I do think, there is nothing else avaiable
in space but electrons. They are able to combine themselfs to become:
electrons, protons, neutrons AND anti-electrons, anti-protons and
anti-neutrons, according to the direction of their core-rotation along
centeraxis and core-rotation along the lenght-axis. (up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right)
Book: "The Field Effect" by Leigh Richmond Donahue. Showing how these little electrons look like.

If you would strip matter from their electrons, matter would vanish, especially
cellular matter is held together by electrons - thinking about the construction
of the carbules, that makeup the human "cellular skelleton".
The carbule "threads" are held in form by electrons. These electrons are very
courious about your attitute.:cool:

If you would be the size of an atom you would observe a electron as a vessel similar to what is know today "Fleur de Lille" in 3D, moving through the Void, propelled by its observer ;)

Discopete said:
If an electron is a fundamental 'particle', then having accumulated enough of them all in one place, you should be able to see/touch the lump.
A 'gedanken' experiment has to use/conform to real physics so you need to think about the following:
1. How would you overcome the very strong mutual repulsion to get all the electrons together?
2. Given that a big lump of electrons (if you could form it and confine it) is a good conductor all you would probably see is a shiny ball - almost exactly like any other good conductor. Note that you are not seeing 'electrons' but a good conductor.

What would you see if you stripped a piece of matter of all of it's electrons?
See above, unless you want to 'see' a lot of nuclei rushing off to infinity due to mutual repulsion. Bear in mind that what we see when we look at matter is almost entirely due to the behaviour of the outer electrons. Remove the electrons and there is nothing left to see. If you mean 'see' in a more general sense then what you have left after you remove the electrons is just nuclei: protons and neutrons held together by the strong force.

If I could reduce my size to that of a hydrogen atom, what would I see?
I'm not certain that would help, as to see very small things you may need rather large apparatus. Of course, it all depends on what you mean by "see".

Protons are, of course, only opposite to electrons in terms of electric charge. In other respects they are either identical (e.g. spin half) or very different (composite nucleons (quarks plus gluons) rather than fundamental leptons).

Elvenears said:
Protons are made out of electrons.
No.

I do think, there is nothing else avaiable
in space but electrons.
As you live in a democracy you are free to think what you like. Science says otherwise.

They are able to combine themselfs to become:
centeraxis and core-rotation along the lenght-axis. (up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right)
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Discopete said:
Nevertheless, what is the answer?
Demanding an answer to a meaningless question is rarely a good way to acquire new knowledge. Better to try to understand why the question is meaningless.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
;)

The electron is the fundamental particle. A masterpiece and very stable.
And its made by thought. If you would be able to magnify the core of an
electron AND fotograph it with a Nikon, what you would see is a snake that
bites its tale, rotating around its centeraxis and lenghtaxis.
(what?! i prefer Nikon)

Yes you can touch a lump of electrons. Your fingertip is made of electrons
bouncing the fileds of matter.
Ever watched "What the bleep do we know?" Watch it !

The "anatomy" of a electron is very interesting and explains a lot.
Protons are made out of electrons. I do think, there is nothing else avaiable
in space but electrons. They are able to combine themselfs to become:
Book: "The Field Effect" by Leigh Richmond Donahue. Showing how these little electrons look like.

If you would strip matter from their electrons, matter would vanish, especially
cellular matter is held together by electrons - thinking about the construction
of the carbules, that makeup the human "cellular skelleton".
The carbule "threads" are held in form by electrons. These electrons are very
courious about your attitute.:cool:

If you would be the size of an atom you would observe a electron as a vessel similar to what is know today "Fleur de Lille" in 3D, moving through the Void, propelled by its observer ;)

So are we to believe the observable universe is the art from which electrons, the pallet, is formed? Or are we expected to believe that what we see/perceive is merely a random consequence of the Big Bang? It would be easier to believe we are a simulation. There's that snake.

So are we to believe the observable universe is the art from which electrons, the pallet, is formed?
Or are we expected to believe that what we see/perceive is merely a random consequence of the Big Bang? It would be easier to believe we are a simulation. There's that snake.

Well if you feel comfortable that the visible universe is made up from electrons, then yes. But if u like to wait for a more advanced answer, you will find what you looking for.

Big Bang is sooo overrated. Even Science suspect that this is oldschool.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
A 'gedanken' experiment has to use/conform to real physics so you need to think about the following:
1. How would you overcome the very strong mutual repulsion to get all the electrons together?
2. Given that a big lump of electrons (if you could form it and confine it) is a good conductor all you would probably see is a shiny ball - almost exactly like any other good conductor. Note that you are not seeing 'electrons' but a good conductor.

See above, unless you want to 'see' a lot of nuclei rushing off to infinity due to mutual repulsion. Bear in mind that what we see when we look at matter is almost entirely due to the behaviour of the outer electrons. Remove the electrons and there is nothing left to see. If you mean 'see' in a more general sense then what you have left after you remove the electrons is just nuclei: protons and neutrons held together by the strong force.

I'm not certain that would help, as to see very small things you may need rather large apparatus. Of course, it all depends on what you mean by "see".

Protons are, of course, only opposite to electrons in terms of electric charge. In other respects they are either identical (e.g. spin half) or very different (composite nucleons (quarks plus gluons) rather than fundamental leptons).

Thank you for your insight.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It's surprising sometimes where circumstances end up leading you. This whole question arose because I find myself with no alternative but to repair/bring up to spec my beautiful LSR&D Superamp monos myself since incompetence seems to be a virtue hereabouts(my local geographic vicinity). Highly regarded and recommended well known techs here have proven their inability to track down (over a lengthy period mind you) and correct their misbehavior. This after a $1000.00 worth of poking and prodding. So into the first module of Neets Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series-'Intro to Matter, Energy, and Direct Current', I am left with the question at hand. I would be just as pleased with answers to those questions about the amps in the other thread in 'Solid State' I posted recently. In any case, this is a very interesting topic to say the least.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
In reference to the link by JCX which I've gotten about half way through, it seems there could be a correlation between Tesla's findings and the apparent behavioral consequences of magnetars on matter. When were magnetars discovered?

Well in the video,

They found it in 2002..however they didn't know it at the time..:)

Here is some interesting information on electrons..

http://www.psi.ch/media/physicists-observe-the-splitting-of-an-electron-inside-a-solid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17754216

So I guess you have to ask whats in an electron..

The rest of matter seems to be Quarks (Up and Down) and Gluons..

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/today/archive/archive_2009/today09-05-07.html

Some people think the Gluons are responsible for the mass..

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/expar.html

The force carriers are bosons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_carrier

This is interesting..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-FGw5KUeo

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
After watching the Feynman diagram video..

If you scroll down you can see : The Electromagnetic Force(Interaction)

and you can see the reference to the virtual photon (the repulsion force)

EXCHANGE PARTICLES,nuclear physics revision notes from A-level Physics Tutor

So if you now think about your magnet question...You could have a go at answering it..magnets repel because?
The force between magnets is caused by? and the iron filings on a piece of paper around a magnet show? (its just fun however really interesting)

Now watch the Feyman video again about being asked what is between two magnets..You tend to see it in a different way..it seems like he's trying to avoid the answer until you look back with different eyes..Its good reflective practice,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMSaCrcAmM

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
elvenears said:
I didnt intent to challenge your intellect, nor your science.
It isn't my science; science doesn't belong to anyone, it belongs to everyone who is willing to participate according to the right principles. My alleged intellect, or otherwise, is not the issue.

How about elaborate on answers to the threadstarter?
I am unclear how to answer a question which assumes something which is untrue, other than to point out the untrue assumption - which I did in post 13.

If I said that magnetism is caused by virtual photons then that would be true, but probably somewhat unhelpful as the OP might think that photons are matter particles when they are in fact force particles. I could say that 'lines of magnetic flux' simply don't exist; they are merely a conceptual analogy. So there we are: the OP's question asks an unanswerable point about a nonexistent phenomenon. This answer is unhelpful which is why I didn't give it at first.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
So are we to believe the observable universe is the art from which electrons, the pallet, is formed? Or are we expected to believe that what we see/perceive is merely a random consequence of the Big Bang? It would be easier to believe we are a simulation. There's that snake.

The bottom line seems to be,

That everything is made of energy..the idea of the electrons making the universe seems odd because science seems to think that protons would not decay but electrons would. So a sea of protons seems more likely..or perhaps a sea of quarks and gluons.

If you think more along the lines that everything is energy and it is all part of the same thing then it makes sense that anything and everything will react with everything else..the old idea of cause and effect. Obviously the problem would then be if there is a multi-verse then the universe would only be part of the whole the multiverse..linking to string theory the idea is that even quarks are made of strings of energy..

The idea that everything is random..is strange because the laws of physics as we understand them seem to have laws..now whether these laws change across the universe (s) is another issue.

The spooky action at a distance shows we only understand a very small amount about reality ..:)

So you see that the simple questions ie what’s between two magnets are often the foundation of the question about life the universe and everything..ie what is there that we cannot see..
Or why do I exist..but the real question is why does anything exist at all?
Its all spooky..never mind the action at a distance..even if there was some super being beyond it all..what would that be made of..energy or something else? Where would it be? and if it was somewhere whats beyond that? its very hard to escape the infinite "bit"..because as soon as you reach a point there has to be something beyond it unless the final something is infinite..
It sounds stupid but the question I keep asking is..does any of it exist at all..deep thought for a moment..

We take a lot for granted and stop wondering about the universe, however just for a moment think about the sun and the planets the size the mass/weight all hanging in space..the sun as massive as it is is nothing..a speck in the vast nothingness and the mind that can perceive it all..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.