Madisound Bk-16 Kit review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
John.. I really agree with you that the enjoyment of music is personal and subjective - even down to the types of music we all enjoy (or hate), That being said, I have been terribly dissapointed by MANY speakers costing thousands more than the BK-16's - and I own several of these. I recently listened to some Wilson Watt Puppies and Grand Slams, and the only reason I would even considering trading my BK-16's for either is to be able to resale them and purchase more Fostex Drivers!

Full Range drivers are not for everyone I agree. The concept seems to be too simple for some. Many are of the idea that a speaker needs a lot of electronics to sound good. This is fine.

A friend of mine recently heard some of my speakers, and flatly stated that his cool tech looking 80's Pioneer 15 way (or whatever they were) sounded better than any I have. So there you go..

I am truly enjoying these speakers. I am not so much concerned about accuracy, as much as I am about presence and warmth. I have seen several of my favorite artists live several times. On no occasion can I recall them sounding the same as a time before. But they always sounded wonderful, nonetheless.

Don't worry I do not take offense to any of your comments, and they are indeed welcomed - as they should be in this type of forum.

My Sonus Faber's are as accurate as ANYTHING I have ever heard - but they are lifeless and bring nothing special to the music. The BK-16's have their own personality. They do jump out at you, and I love it.

I only hope that you enjoy your speakers of choice as much as I do.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Don't forget to cut the dust cap out and replace it with the largest socket (that's right a socket as in thing you attach to a rachet tool for working on cars, etc.) that will fit inside the voice coil. Tool side of socket (square hole) pointing outward. Experiment with different length sockets, but be careful inserting it as the magnets will pull pretty hard and you don't want to damage the cone/coil. But.... you will like the results of this tweak fer sher. Better highs!

JeffG...I know your post is pretty old, but Madison sent it to me today because I am considering building the BK-20 kit. It has no reviews at their site so I called and received a non responsive, almost rude, response. He was probably just having a bad day and next time I will ask for Tom...if he is still there.

I wonder if you would be willing to project what you would expect from the BK-20 kit, based on your experience with the 16?

Any comments would be appreciated and I would certainly not hold you to them. Or if anyone out there has tried the BK-20 or have views I would love to hear of your experiences and thoughts.

Hope this request is not too much after the fact and it finds you well and still enjoying the music.

Sincerely,

Andya

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.