Lynx 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi dexter;

Glad you could read the files.....

I run my amps at +/-60VDC, but less can do it e.g. +/-35 to 45VDC. Warning! The drivers Q110 and 111 runs very hot, so you may want to change R118/119 to >30R !! And if you are going to use a low rail Voltage, you may need to decrease R122/123 from 2K7 to 1K8.

You can supply the input/VAS stage with the same Voltage as the output stage or a low current well regulated Voltage that are +/-5VDC higher, so you can drive the output stage from rail to rail.
A supply to input/VAS stage of 3-500mA should do it.

I don't have plans for making a single side layout, because it is impossible to keep the symmetri in the layout with only one layer.

If you need it, I have a few of the PCB's for sale. Contact me by email.

It seems like some here are interested in the price for the LYNX v3.0 PCBs.....

I only have very few left my self (4 pcs.), and the price per PCB for those is $25.00 + postage (as this was a very small test production).

If some one is interested in starting and handle a groupbuy, I am able to get these boards at a good price (FR-4 with gold plating).

Let me know ;)

Hi Mr. Jan..

Thanks 4 u tip...its works...the hum are reduce significant..javascript:smilie(';)')

I plant to use u amp for P.A.., during I bulid the amp I never found the good characteristic as yours...thats are very near the ampl as bulid form the wellkonown manufactured...

I Hope your'nt borring on me..I'll wait your tip 4 my next isues..as I mention in my post earlier...

with regards..
Dodi

Here is the SOA curve for your 5200/1943.

As you see, max Current output @ 30 Volt is just 5A, and 4A @ 40 Volt. What is the load of your speakers ?

Attachments

• 2sc5200 soa.jpg
    2sc5200 soa.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 355
Dear Sir,

Yes I use speaker protection for LYNX 3...

I plant to use in 15" 700 W 8 Ohm speaker...
On your experince if I expand The layout PCB to 8 Transistor Output...could that configuration give the 800W with 8 ohm...?..or more..?

Sorry I'm begginers in modified the amp...usualy I just copy the layout & bulid without modifying anything...

But when I see your LYNX. I see a different. The layout...Its small and simple...thats interest me..so I think could that small give the Maximum...?

BTW in my country its hard to find the OPA 627..I use LF351 for the OpAmp..as the same with your transistor on the layout....

Thanks 4 your support...
With regard...
Dodi

Hi dodi

What ever you use 4 pairs (8 devices) or 8 pairs (16 devices) doesn't give you more output power.........

The total Current will still be App. 60VDC (65V - 3 time BE Voltage + other losses) / 8 Ohm = 7.5A

Putting more output devices in (from 4 pair to 8 pair) will only result in, that each device shall handle less than 1A (which is good and makes sure that you keep the devices within the SOA curve), however it demands more Base Current from the drivers....

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.