LP500/LP530 Lamps Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lamps for LP500/530

To Luigi? It is most likely the lamp though it may be a bad ballast in the power supply. Pull the lamp & remove the glass from the front. There's a little wire hold down to remove then use a small flat blade screw driver to pull the glass. Give the cross bar a little twist, gently, at the top of the lamp in the center of the silver bar. If the lamp is bad it will crack immediately or if it has already cracked check inside the reflector for a small piece of glass. The lamps for the LP500/530 fail very often in this manner.

To all: REPLACEMENT LAMPS. You can get good ones for $42 JYS/DC 270 watt from YWH here on the forum. Put up a request & he'll give you instructions.
Good Luck,
Jim
PS I buy all dead lamp modules for the LP500 & LP530 & SP110 Infocus models. Contact me at PRMHELP@earthlink.net if you have any to sell.

Re: Lamps for LP500/530

childsid said:
To all: REPLACEMENT LAMPS. You can get good ones for $42 JYS/DC 270 watt from YWH here on the forum. Put up a request & he'll give you instructions.
Good Luck,
Jim

I PMed YWH but haven't heard from him. I have a class to teach in a few weeks and I'm not looking forward to purchasing a new projector.
Thanks for the response.

Hi,
YWH only has the lamps that you have to rebuild & if you're using for a presentation I suggest you buy a new lamp instead as the rebuilds are not quite as bright as a new one & if you screw up while rebuilding you're in a bind.. You can get them on Ebay, from Infocus.com for $430 I think, or I have a few for $299 that are new, unused. If you want one from me let me know ASAP so it can get to your country in time.
Thanks,
Jim

childsid said:
Hi,
YWH only has the lamps that you have to rebuild & if you're using for a presentation I suggest you buy a new lamp instead as the rebuilds are not quite as bright as a new one & if you screw up while rebuilding you're in a bind.. You can get them on Ebay, from Infocus.com for $430 I think, or I have a few for $299 that are new, unused. If you want one from me let me know ASAP so it can get to your country in time.
Thanks,
Jim

I've been searching around trying to find out what is entailed in the rebuild of a LP530 lamp. There is talk of fireplace cement and others mention that the bulb will screw into the old bracket. I would like to buy a bulb form YWH, but am trying to get a better picture of what I am getting into.

On a separate note, I see the bulbs available on projectordoctor.com but there are two choices (one is Cobalt I think). How do I know which one I want, should I buy from them?

Sorry for all of the noob questions. I just got my LP530 from work because it was flaky and they didn't want it anymore. Same problem as LuigiLuigi where the green light blinks and then turns amber after a while. Projector fires up again after being unplugged for many hours.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Do not mean to bump a old thread but I have an infocus projector here that has a lamp issue. I have looked all over the net and even called infocus to get no help.

The issue is the lamp is not firing. Before I put in a new $400 lamp I wanted to check the voltage at the connector but can not find what the voltage should be when measured with the lamp removed. Can anyone here provide this info? Also if I find I need a new ballast for this unit where can I get one.

I need help with LP500

Hey Im new to this, but I just bought an LP500 that looks new off of ebay. The only thing I knew about it when i bought it was that it powered on . The problems I'm having so far are the power does come on the fans sound and feel like they are running. The light will be green and when i push the power button the green light blinks for a while, then turns red and blinks consistantly. The bulb inside looks fine, but does not come on. From what I've read, it has a bad ballast? I would like to try a new bulb, but I do not want to pay $125+ for one only to find out the projector is bad. I only paid $22 + $20 to ship, has all accessories too. I don't want to put any more money if it is not going to work. Would like to contact YWH about a bulb, but didn't know how to go about that...and I do not know how to build a bulb either. Could you help? thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.