• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D power JFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dave:

What's the sleeve quantity, and will you sell an unmatched sleeve?

I've tried to ask this question on the store website, but it seems to generate confusion.

Thanks

Mike

Sorry about that, I'm the only person that knows audio here. Most of the sales people would have no idea what you're asking. I'm sorry, but we aren't selling any unmatched (just trying to make sure we have them available for a while) they're going to last longer and go to more people this way. Thanks,

Dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
dw1, if you read the Zen V9 article, it mentions at the end about matching the R5 resistor to the Vgs of the LU.
Order one where you can get a 3-5watt resistor in that value. So a 1.12 would fit a 1.1 ohm resistor nicely, and a .97 would likely go with a 1 ohm resistor. Better matching for better distortion.

We don't necassarily know the matching parameter details although, I saw that here somewhere eons ago. The FETs were likely matched at a low current in room temp. When the device heats up with 1.5A and 2.5V on it, the gate threshold will change lower than the spec'ed value. I beleive it is about 2.5mV/C. So, if the thing gets 25 degrees hotter than the temp during matching, your in circuit, in operation, threshold will be about 60mV lower than the rated value :D

Hi Tea-Bag... Thanks for your kind information...

I'm interrested to LU1014D after looking at EUVL's DAO heaphones on this thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/95841-mosfet-follower-headphone-amplifier.html

I'll read further the thread discussion whether I would need certain Vgs value or not... meanwhile, I think I must read Zenv9 article as well... (though my lack of , but only the basic, eletronic knowledge would make it hard for me :) )

BTW, that Salas Direct Coupled B1..., do you mind tell me the thread link?

Thanks,
David

Joined 2006
Paid Member
@flg,
I think Nelson discussed this sometime back, that he measures the reading on those critters after 1,2,3 seconds at room temp after applying the voltage. So that's his method. I cannot speak for Deep Surplus. This was just a hack method of matching that seemed to work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.