• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for tips on operating points for tubes in anode follower ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm putting together some simple anode followers just to get a taste of what different tubes can sound like. Maybe someone with more experience than I could give some input as to various operating points for the tubes below ...

I use one and the same power supply for all at about 320V B+. I don't use anything but simple resistors (i.e. no chokes or ccs) to adjust operating point.

Up til now I have tried e280f in triode mode and the 5687.

The best operating point (in my ears and set-up) for the e280f I found around 150V on anode with about 10mA current.

The 5687 I have tried in 150 and 250V on anode with about 14mA current. I still would like to get it a bit "tighter" ... Any suggestions on a good operating point for 5687?

I also have 12b4a, 1626 and 6SN7 to try out ... For 12b4a I think I have found good information in the 12b4a threads on this site, and it seems like 100V/20mA is the point mostly recommended. I have also seen 160V/15mA (or near that).

But what about 1626?

And 6SN7?

Best!
Johan :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.