Looking for Schematic of SONY TA-1120F

SV-06 is only a string of 6 silicon diodes in one package.
Six 1N4148 in series is good enough.
In your case, I think of one 3V9 zener (inverted polarity) will do the job.
About service manual for TA-1120A, If you search in Google "TA1120A schematic", you got it in the first 3 results.

Thank You for the advice, I picked up 1N4148 & 3V9 as well, can you please suggest which would be better fitment for SV-06?

diode

Thank You, I will connect 3V9 and update.Do I have to replace all C631, C632, D331 & many of the black Transistors for which pins have become fragile, if yes please suggest alternative.
I am not expert on electronics repair but can use Soldering and Testing meter to check and hence seek your advice.

The equivalent of a SV-06 is the fig. A, and a zener equivalent (for your case, only)
A 3V9 Zener (0.5W is good, any maker, any color) shoud be conected inverted relatively to SV06, or, in other words, Catode from Zener connected where Anode os SV-06 was connected.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 69
Thanks, I got it. will look for 2SD88! also will do replacement only if necessary.
SV-06

SV-06 is only a string of 6 silicon diodes in one package.
Six 1N4148 in series is good enough.
In your case, I think of one 3V9 zener (inverted polarity) will do the job.
About service manual for TA-1120A, If you search in Google "TA1120A schematic", you got it in the first 3 results.
Can you tell me how do I connect 3V9 with inverted polarity, I am actually planning Six 1N4148. Please explain me the connection.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Inverted polarity is slightly misleading. You connect as you would any Zener which means the cathode (usually the end with a stripe) goes to the most positive point. The drawing in post #22 is correct, the Zener would be fitted the opposite way around to the string of normal diodes.