looking for pmh3000 behringer power mixer schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My power supply went dead and I am looking for A SCHEMATIC for a pmh3000 europower mi

My power supply tanked in my pmh 3000 europower mixer.

The +17 volt line is dead up to the mixer, the 48 volt line is ok,

the -17 is ok and if i insert into the power amps it works ok,

The right side of the board lites up but nothing on the channel side.

You will laugh when you look at the board" major shrapnel".

This was my spare and it has 20 hours or less on it, the other one has

about 600 hours on it, this is a blatent workmanship defect.

If anyone has a schematic for a 002-17000-05620 SPS600

supply and some pics of the bottom or the whole schematic for the pmh3000 that would be awesome.

Here is what i sent beringer

Hello, I am the gentlemen that you spoke to on the phone, my name is Barry Bullard.

Here is the information sofar.

If you could let me know of availability and timeframe that would be excellent.

Thanks and have a happy new year.

You can forward this to Behringer and they can contact me if they want the power supply for failure analysis,
I can be reached mbullard@rochester.rr.com bbullard@harris.com.

I am an analog design engineer with 30 years experience in complex switch modes, rf wideband satellite communications
design for military and civilian apps. worked on the power supply for itt for world view and currently co
designed the most advanced tactical radio in the world (Harris falcon 3 man pack 30 mhz to 2 gighz wideband tactical radio).

It seems that the +17 volt current sense circuit is too slow in reaction time in the event of power being intturupted(115 vac)
then reapplied there is a huge overshoot on the +17 volt rail (inductor is too small for the rc time constant to recover in time to tell the power supply sense reaction ckt to fold back) (approx 50 volt for 1 to 3 ms) and it takes a long time to recover (I have several of these boards so I used a working one to do impedance measurements (network analyzer real and imaginary component) to the main audio board and to test what is good and what is compromised (all channels driven @ 1khz just before peak light detects, faders at 0dbm midpoint on all faders on The board)
The main power amp modules work great but the topside audio board works but the power supply lost its +17 rail and the diode blew right off the board.
There is evidence (burn marks on the insulator pad) that this part has been cooking for a long time and eventually led
to the catastrophic failure that you see here, the diode blew right of the board. They need to do more transient tests
for power interruption low high input voltages/transient and input voltage surge (This was not the case with this unit, the unit was only used 4 times in
its life, a real life hangar queen, light duty and failed at regular, typical power levels. I think that a lot of thought was maintained in the high current side, it has no problem with transients, but the +17 volt rail side is just barley adequate.
Could just be a fluke (smt paste screen clogged/inadequate solder causing voltage drop) but the "good units with many hours"
look the same, sometimes they fold back but there is a considerable lag time. This unit has no more than 20 hours use it was
a spare for the audio video guys. I own an mx9000 mixer (see pics) that had the same type of problem (+17 rail overshoot)
and modded it with better inductors / regulators / reflowed allot of parts and it is now bulletproof. Same with the autocoms
good unit for the money, just a little more quality in the build and you could compete with the best of them (maybe an upscale line) we do it all the time and the cost reduction stratagem really pays off because from the good stuff you learn what matters and what you can cheese out on. It is always about the bottom line, but on line you guys are taking a lot of
flack about the service / reliability end.
Hopefully you can hook me up with a new supply and find out what went wrong with this one.
This is now an opportunity to improve continuously.
Thanks, Barry Bullard.

I talked to Carla at the Washington office

Talked to Carla case#beh10427

She directed me to full compass/Jeff H/ power supply pn 002-17000-08620

for a pmh 3000 mixer. Cost was 164.54 for replacement.

BEHRINGER USA Inc.

18912 North Creek Parkway, Suite 200
Bothell, WA 98011
Tel.: +1 425 672 0816
Fax: +1 425 673 7647

SUB-ASSY;POWER-SUPPLY;SPS600;PMH/EUROPOWER;

I am asking anyone who has had power supply +17
rail problems to post, I am on to their scam.
Have a happy new year, barry.

Need help with Behringer PMH3000 Mixer

I am also striving to repair a Behringer PMH3000 mixer. The symptom is that it blows the main fuse when power is applied.

There is a charred area on the corner of the power supply board that contains a 2-lead device in a TO-5 case. I am not sure what that device is. Can someone please send a schematic? The label on the Power Supply board says SPS600.

Many thanks for your help.

ASalt

Diode GG 3C

Hi everyone!

I have a blown diode labeled GG 3C from the power supply of my pmh3000, I'm looking for this parts here in the phillipines but unfortunately I found none.

Is there anyone here on the board knows a replacement/equivalent diode.

I shall appreciate it also if somebody can send me diagram of this power supply.

here's my email add:nilo_cablao@yahoo.com

hope somebody can help me with this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.