Looking for Crystal CS8416 for my power DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I guess the title says it all here, I am looking to try and find a source of some crystal CS8416 parts in a SOIC 28 package as I can't seem to find anyone who can sell (or give) me one for less than £100 at the moment (which is no use at all).

Basicaly, I will be using this chip as an input selecter/decoder for an all digital amplifier I am supposed to be building as my fourth year project for university. However, as I can't seem to find any, this is looking less likely.

An alternative would be if anyone could sujest another way of taking a SPDIF or TOSLINK signal strigh from the input of the amp, and splitting it into a suitable format to run into a ti TAS5518 digital PWM processor (basicaly, the whole amp will be acting like a big 1-bit DAC). I have no idea if there are other people out there who make simmilar chips (I haven't found any yet, but that doesn't mean they don't exist) that I could use in place of this one, but if there are I would love to know about them as well.

so, if anyone could help me out here it would be very useful and might keep me going with making this amp up (rather than wimping out and going back to building a class-ab type thing).

thanks

andrew

Hi, just a quick reply, I already tried cirruss's online samples form (no response after three attempts and about two weeks waiting), I have phoned cirruss in the UK, as well as both of their distributors here, and niether are willing to let me have any for less than £100 (and one of them didn't even have the package type I need in stock).

jwb, I did get your e-mail thanks, but they don't have the part that im after (a 47 week lead time unfortunately) in stock at newark at the minute, although, I think they may have had one of the other packages in at the minute.

I was kind of hoping that someone here may have had few lying around that I could have gotten off them, but I guess I will just have to wait and see now.

andrew

I ordered a couple samples from Cirrus quite a while ago, unfortunately I never got a reply from them. Then about a month or two later, the samples showed up at my doorstep. I haven't had the time to use them yet, I've got two or three, not sure. Unfortunately I don't have them with me, they're in storage at my parents place, and I won't be going down to visit for a few weeks, otherwise I'd offer to send you one or two. All this to say, if you tried to order the samples, you just might get them even though you get no response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.