Lookie, lookie. ONO? Oh Yes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was introduced to this stuff by the chef, at the restaurant where we had dinner tonight.
It was given to him as a present, so he has no idea what it is.

So, question of the day:

Who knows what this is?
There is a wooden cross swimming around in the bottle, and it's supposedly from Balkan.

Magura :)

Attachments

• dsc00159.jpg
    dsc00159.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 202
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Magura said:
I was introduced to this stuff by the chef, at the restaurant where we had dinner tonight.
It was given to him as a present, so he has no idea what it is.

So, question of the day:

Who knows what this is?
There is a wooden cross swimming around in the bottle, and it's supposedly from Balkan.

ya drekkin me ?
that's Pljoska , with engraved Serbian Shield ;

Pljoska is intended for Mučenica , known also as Plum Brendy , known also as Rakija

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Magura said:

Hey, that's pretty funny, really what are the odds to stumble on such a nice bottle of Rakija here in Danske countryside ?

Could you tell some more about that Pljoska ?

Pljoska ( read that "lj" as "L" in Russian "Lubov" .... meaning "Love" ; sorry for latin , but I don't know and don't have russian cyrilic on my KB)

anyway - Pljoska means that thing is sorta thin compared to radius ; not exactly as Flat in English ;

anyway - yo can see that form in almost any Western movie , for carrying water ..... and sometimes Burning Water ;)

Serbs use it from ancient times as symbol - almost every family have one , and drink in it is used for Zdravica ( Cheers ) in almost any important situation - as Venčanje (Wedding) , Krštenje ( Sacrament) , Rođenje (Birth) , Slava (patron saint day) etc.
in some areas even for funerals .

just for fun - here is ( just taken , under plain electric light ) pic of ZM's bottle ; you can see , even if blurred - cross made of Mulberry ;

anyway - I hope that one day we'll make not just one cheers from this bottle

(sometimes I wish that my AR2 is much closer , if nothing else - for proper photo shooting :clown: )

Attachments

• zms-bottle.jpg
    zms-bottle.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 170
Zen Mod said:

anyway - I hope that one day we'll make not just one cheers from this bottle

(sometimes I wish that my AR2 is much closer , if nothing else - for proper photo shooting :clown: )

Yeah, let's agree we at least have two shots of Rakija, is next Wednesday good for you? ;)

AR2 ought to get his chubby behind back to Europe, we totally agree !

EDIT: Well, thanks for the explanation, this is something new to me.

bla bla bla, right? :)

I need measuring equipment !! or I will go crazy :smash:

To start -

-it is using the >95db crossover.
-woofer = JBL 2206H
-enclosure = 2ft3 sealed - very low Q(~.4) - wiked heavy damped box - waiting for subs.

The woofer sounds real good (as it should), and can take a real beating.

Preliminary impressions:

First I want to say that this has the most potential of anything I've had here. It really does! I think it's a keeper. I want to say this first, because here are some negatives for my combo.

-not as efficient as I expected, yeah I know the closed box isn't ideal for efficiency but it is more than capable with enough power. The WG setup is 'choked' a bit with the comp network, and we must live with that. The WG setup seems to get a bit congested sounding at high spl(pretty high). HMMM - HOMS - foam? Or maybe I just reach it's limit ??

-I have found that the more power you give my particular setup, the better it gets. Ya know - 30w class A isn't right for it. The Krell Klone ~60wpc doesn't seem to do it either. I dusted off a cheapo Onkyo 150 wpch amp I have here and they came to life! It sounds better at all levels with more juice - wierd. I have got to DIY some higher voltage amps me thinks (or shhh, keep the cheapo onkyo there, it actually sounds really good... shhh).

- Ya gotta toe them in strong and get them off axis - way nicer that way. Yep big difference.

All that said - I like. Looking forward to gettin them better, and I think the potential is huge!

Thanks for the tip about e'wave, Choke-ster.

EDIT: I have some 8" drivers kicking around that sim well in a ~1ft3 total bandpass 4th order. check out the sim with the mains....

probably throw one together using sonotube and see how good it works. If it's good, I'll make a few.

EDIT EDIT: Manu, how's that ONO :clown:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 246
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
CY

try some old school spk , not modern mega watt drek .......... even if JBL

then you'll hear speed and all that mumbo jumbo , with lowish powered amps

anyway - where you are listening da muzak ? in open space , between two barns ?

:clown:

btw - just for fun - you can try 811B with this xover and Seleniums ;)

try some old school spk , not modern mega watt drek .......... even if JBL

Ya know- this 'mega watt drek' is the best sounding midbass I've had. It just needs lotsa volts:)

anyway - where you are listening da muzak ? in open space , between two barns ?

Naah. But if it can't do concert levels in my basement I throw it in the dumpster :clown:

btw - just for fun - you can try 811B with this xover and Seleniums

My 511B are like laser beams compared to the ewave.

Zen Mod said:

with same drivers/xovers as EW ?

Dunno - I'm talking about overall characteristics. I think the Altec horn might be better 25 feet away. Time is limited overall so I can't spend too much experimenting. Gotta pick a direction and go with it :bawling:

Don't misunderstand - the ewave sounds very very good.

Zen Mod said:

send that drek to me , for proper disposal ........ :rofl:

RCAs packed up ol' buddy? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.