Lone Star Audio Fest 2010 - Reports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also wanted to note (forgot before) that the forward facing drivers in the Lotus design that I brought to the meet were enabled CHR-70's from Dave. Before I brought the cabinets to the meet I noticed one of them had a dent in the cone so I finally had a chance to use the enabled pair that Dave sent me so long ago. I really did like what I heard out of them. Makes me want to build something else and give them a proper home :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I need to thank you for the Negra I begged from you when I spotted the 604's.

You're always welcome to a beer chez Pano, Dave!

The Altecs are fun and enjoyable to listen to. But there is no way those 15" coax driver will ever sound as clean and open as the horns you had. Very impressive. Never thought I'd hear a cone driver that clean. The horns really helped, I guess. And the field coil. Beautiful sound.

I gave you guys a little ribbing in an article coming up, I hope you take it in good humor. I'll post the link when it's live.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.