Loaded Tank circuit lossess -- PSPICE Simulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In transient analysis of hi Q circuits integration type can be important – euler, trapezoidal integration are somewhat lossy, gear integration can be underdamped – depending on exact impelementation

Really small time step is also important

Even more spice settings come into play as well, you probably need to crank up rel tol, qtol, vtol to higher resolutions

For a great waste of cpu horsepower try noise stimulation:

tank_rand.png

1 MHz bandwidth noise “sweeps” – stimulates all freq < 1 MHz, the ratio in the fft gives the equivalent of the impulse response

peak matching is fortuitously good given the noise in the result – there is obviously less energy exciting the narrower peak so the exact peak is choppy

PROBLEM SOLVED..!

Hello,

Great.! The problem seems to have been solved.

I increased the step points by decreasing step time interval and it worked wonders. Infact I never saw a sine wave as perfect as this before.

I must thank you people for constantly giving me help and support; and replying with loads of information for each of the post in this thread. Its great.

Is there any EBOOK/PDF's in ref. to PSPICE available on net.. which could provide me with some basic tools and insights before i try and simulate any of my ckt design.?

Regards Prasanna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.