LME49600/LME49740 Headphome Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't seen any LME49600 headphone amps built around here so I figured I would post mine. It's the basic circuit from the datasheet with minor adjustments for parts on hand.

It sounds great with an absolutely pure black background. It's impossible to tell it's even on with the pot turned all the way down.

I built it small for portable battery powered use, but the idle current is ~47ma so I'm not so sure how good that's going to work out.

When I have the time I plan on building the regulators in the datasheet as well.

How is this sounds ? just great ? compare to what ?
is this high end quality sounds amp you built or just another headamp ?
give me something to compare like US500 Headphone amp to compare of.

but I plan to use better caps and resistor, not SMD, what do you think ?

Cal

Last edited:
Hi Cal, I still remember this project. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think I can give you answers your looking for though. :eek:

I'm not really a headphone guy; I just like to build stuff. This, like many of my other projects, has never really been put into service. I played with it for awhile after I built it, but it's been sitting in a plastic tote unused since then.

I thought it sounded great, but the only comparisons I have are other IC based projects I built from scratch.

omg, you still here and remember :)
anyway I love to build tiny things like yours,
I will build this project but I have difficlty getting this LME, both opamp and the buffer lme49600 and lme49740.
where you get that and how much ?

which caps/resistor are critical to sound quality ?

regards
cal

I don;t think it will be a problem for small delivery, as long as using regular post office mail on a small envelope.

and it's very hard to find that SMD Caps, the yellow one.
I wish I'm in USA.

appriciate if you send me those component, how can I pay you then ?
I have PayPal.

cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.