LM741 Noise Figure Improvement

Hi! I would like to improve the noise figure of the LM741 equivalent discrete design. What are the key areas that i need to work on?It seems to me that the input differential pair contributes the most in noise. Thanks! I am using 3904 and 3906 transistors.

lm741.png

Last edited:
The thing is that i just want to find out if there is a way to change the topology in order to gain better noise figure. I dont want to use a dedicated opamp
but instead i am trying to implement a discrete LM741 topology in order to find out ways of designing with low noise in mind.

It is instructive to have a look at op amp internal schematics in original data sheets,
especially those of the "complementary bipolar" technology. The details of low noise
design are however not covered in these data sheets I think.

The book Designing Analog Chips written by Peter Camenzind can be found online and
probably has a chapter about this.

The thing is that i just want to find out if there is a way to change the topology in order to gain better noise figure. I dont want to use a dedicated opamp but instead i am trying to implement a discrete LM741 topology in order to find out ways of designing with low noise in mind.

Integrated circuits cannot be directly ported to discrete circuits, as their design relies on ratios, which are precise.
Discrete components cannot achieve such precision, even with manual matching. Different approaches are needed.