lm4780 Class A headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a bunch of lm4780 in a trade,now I'm trying to find something to to with them. Because of the small"est" heat transfer area,I want to stay away from anything high powered,so a headphone amp comes to mind.
I want to make it fairly simple,maybe a 4780 in the feedback loop of a smaller op amp(class A biased) or maybe run just the 4780 into class A and deal with the high gain some other way.

Any Ideas would be helpful.

The heat isn't as much of an issue as you would think for "normal" music listening. I have an amp that consists of a pair of LM4780s running in bridged mode at 25V (approximately 100W each). Both channels are sharing a heatsink mounted inside my enclosure and cooled without a fan, and it doesn't change temperature noticeably between idle and "normal" listening levels (about 40 C).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.